This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Lilium active
View all jobs Composites Technician active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- Educational background as Composite technician required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacture and/or repair of composite structures
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions and ply books
- Experience with operating and maintaining a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment. Experience operating high volume production machinery preferred
- Perform daily record keeping and create reports and test analysis
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Fluent English required, German language is a plus
We are looking for an experienced composites technician who will be hands on in the manufacture of Lilium’s revolutionary product.
In this position you will report directly to the Composites Production Team Leader and will work on a variety of projects and tasks. As part of this role, you will be working on the manufacture and repair composite components and prototypes on a daily basis. Furthermore, you will assist the engineering teams by providing feedback for design improvements to the product.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, integrated production.
Your Day to Day:
- Work in a self-directed team of composite technicians
- Responsible for delivery and quality in all stages of the composites manufacturing process from layup to curing and assembly
- Follow work instructions and lay-up plans
- Troubleshooting and feedback of errors to the corresponding teams, cooperation for root cause analysis
- Implement and sustain manufacturing data of the production system
- Support repair of primary and secondary composite structures
- Work cross functionally with related departments
*eg. work with Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes, equipment & tooling, and repair solutions
*eg. improve manufacturing standards and process requirements
*eg. support digital improvements and innovations while working with manufacturing execution systems
- Assist composite manufacturing technology acquisition and new factory installation & commissioning
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs