IT Infrastructure Administrator
The IT Infrastructure Administrator manages the Servers, Storages, Switches, Routers, Active Directory, Databases, backup, and restores, for all Smithfield entities in Romania. Reports to the IT Infrastructure Manager of Smithfield Romania.
- Part of the team that administers the entire lifecycle of Windows Servers, VMware farms, AD, storage and network devices.
- Ensures incident solving within agreed SLAs and OLAs.
- Helps define and implement strategies that govern lifecycle management, secure operations, monitoring, capacity planning, performance tuning, and cost-effective use of resources.
- Proactively monitors utilization levels and trends throughout the infrastructure to determine quality of service and reduce run-to-maintain costs.
- Ensures CMDB accuracy, SOX and Audit compliance (Logical security, Database security, Active Directory).
- Provides support to local IT teams.
- Approaches the IT Infrastructure Manager with improvement and automation ideas.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field; demonstrated equivalent experience will be evaluated.
- Minimum of 5 years managing complex IT infrastructures.
- Proficient with Windows servers and technologies and virtualization (VMware).
- Good networking and CISCO knowledge.
- Working knowledge of storage devices, storage protocols, backup and restore processes and technologies, SQL database administration
- Desire to stay current on best practices, trends, and technologies in infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
About Smithfield Romania
Smithfield Romania is an integrated hog production and meat production company, part of Smithfield Foods. Our mission is to contribute to the sustainable development of meat industry in Romania, by fully complying with the best practices of the European Union. The core elements in the sustainable development of our operations are animal care, environmental protection, food safety and quality, development of local communities where we operate, and last, but not least, care for the employees.