Customer Success Account Manager ($100K/year) - Remote Work
As Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) you are the advocate for Crossover Affiliated companies’ most important customers from start to finish, starting your relationship once the sales is closed. You ensure the Vendor delivers software solutions, support and professional services that meet business needs, maximizing customer satisfaction .
You will develop business and grow existing accounts, by understanding and effectively representing the Vendor’s Unlimited collection of products to proactively solve or address customer’s business needs. It is a constant cross-selling and upselling activity mastering customer-facing communication, relationship management, and working quickly with internal teams to deliver results.
In this position you will oversee and understand the customers technical environment, it’s enhancement, and implementation development to meet the business goals. To do this you will coordinate with different parties and departments such as support, professional services, product management and other centralized departments.
You will schedule meetings to prevent delays and ensure progress, provide periodic comprehensive reports to customers and managers regarding issues raised using the Vendor’s product and/or service, explaining processes and managing customer expectations relative to the delivery of SLA, professional services SOWs, maintenance solutions and workarounds by Support
- Grow revenue on existing accounts by understanding and effectively representing Vendor’s Unlimited collection of SW products to solve or address business needs.
- Lead Customer relationship with a proactive focus on retention removing friction from sales cycles, establishing preferential relationships with stakeholders leading to scalable and sustainable revenue
- Ensure a solid understanding of the customers technical environment and business goals to contribute and/or develop longer term account solution strategy roadmaps
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders operating at all necessary levels (management and functional) within the customer organization to understand and influence their project strategies
- Serve as Internal advocate and liaison for the customer directly to other central organizations such as Vendor’s Platinum Delivery, Support, Professional Services, Engineering, Product Management to ensure customers’ issues and priority actions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Set periodic meetings to explain processes, manage expectations, escalate and continually review customer issues and impediments that span multiple internal stakeholders to proactively ensure progress of SLA’s, professional services SOWs, maintenance solutions and Support workarounds.
- Take personal accountability for issue resolution and get actively involved where and when needed
- Proactively prevent escalations by anticipating the effect of support or engineering delays or decisions and contacting the customer with updates and recovery plans
- Balance priorities of multiple customers considering business impact to customer, Vendor’s reputation & liability risk, ARR, and ability to influence a beneficial outcome.
- Provide periodic, comprehensive reports to customers and managers regarding issues raised using the Vendor’s product and/or service; professional services engagements; product maintenance & enhancement updates.
- Serve as conduit for New Customer Acquisition into Customer Support model
Experience ( There are 2 levels of payment rate for this role depending on experience, 100K USD/year and 60K USD/year)
- 2 to 5+ years in procuring accounts in the Enterprise Software industry
- 2 to 5+ years in technology sales, conducting up-selling and cross selling with at least 18 months- 3+ years in management experience.
- Proven track record in managing and selling to 11+ accounts simultaneously and building customer relationships with both business and technical leaders
- 5 years supporting Enterprise level or other widely deployed software, demonstrating clear progression of skills and responsibilities relevant to the support environment.
- Experience in customer-facing project/engagement management, technical pre-sales or other enterprise software IT/technical delivery or consulting role ( Professional Services or Software Licensing)
Skills and Capabilities
- Executive Facilitator, with excellent presentation and written communication skills working with VPs/Directors to understand needs
- Passion for customer success, driven by customer satisfaction and achieving revenue growth quota on existing accounts
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts, strategies and current development technologies: Integration of various technical and functional elements of specific Vendor products and their potential synergy with other products in the portfolio; knowledge/experience with DataBase, Application Server and Web Server.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to facilitate dialog and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams: triage and solve complex customer problems; articulate business impact of a customer concern internally and the rationale for Vendor’s decisions for solutions externally; excellent analytic reasoning and communications skills on technical matter via published knowledge articles or other documentation; effective engagement of Vendor’s partners to find collaborative solutions and manage customer product expectations; Ability to effectively use “referencial power” and collaboration skills to obtain necessary actions from issue owners to solve customer issues.
- Self-motivated, Self Starter and able to work successfully in a 100% virtual environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English (business and IT vernacular)
Other desired Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree highly desirable
- Managing SaaS or Cloud technical accounts with desire to learn new value propositions, products, and customers
- Experience defining, using and being measured by Customer Lifetime Value metrics
- Comfort working in a matrix global environment, being at the heart of the customer organization when needed not just for support but for customer success and retention.
- Consultative skills, deep domain/sector knowledge, and understanding the role that different services plays in the organization.