Solution Engineer - Java/ Front END Dev
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
To fulfill the role of Technical Solution Consultant, we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
• Technical/IT education, university degree
• Works in an IT related role today (Software development, technical presales consultant, system or DB administrator, consulting)
• Good understanding of software architecture, web applications
• Good understanding of one or more of the following middleware areas:
o Service Oriented Architecture, Orchestration, Service Buses
o Business Process Management, Business Process Architecture
o Oracle WebCenter (WebCenter Sites,Portal, Content, ADF)
o Integration technologies and patterns
• Experience with Web Services (REST,SOAP) and XML, json
• Experience with one or more of the following Oracle products is a plus:
o Oracle WebLogic Server
o Oracle SOA Suite
o Oracle BPM Suite
o Oracle JDeveloper
o Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Experience using or managing Linux or UNIX operating systems is a plus
• Oracle certification (Java, Web Development, SOA etc) is a plus
• Experience on new trends (Blockchain, IoT, AI, Chatbots) is a plus
• Previous Agile experience is a plus (Scrum, Kanban)
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms based on the audience. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
• Openness to work with different languages & cultures (you will support most of Europe)
• Results orientation, you won’t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
• Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries.
• Self-motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
• Strong knowledge (oral & written) of English is a must.
• Work experience in a similar role is an advantage
You will be in constant communication with field sales representatives within EMEA and JAPAC region, who need your technical expertise, product knowledge, development skills and presentation skills in order to demonstrate to the customers how they will achieve success and innovation using Oracle Cloud products and technologies.
Role / Responsibilities:
You will be working as a technical solution consultant and will be:
• Using your technical expertise and product knowledge to respond to tenders from customers, technical questions around Oracle Cloud products and solutions
• Advising the customers, field sales representatives on solutions, products, architecture
• Collaborating with Product Management by bringing new ideas, potential use cases to further improve Oracle Cloud Portfolio
The projects you develop, the technical information you do provide will have a major impact on the presales and sales activities of Oracle, helping positioning the cloud products to the clients and improving their businesses. While still being in the technical domain, you will also have exposure on the sales cycles as well, improving further your career.
Oracle Cloud PaaS subdomains include Integration, Mobile, Apps development, Content and experience spaces. Being in Middleware, you will be able to participate in many different and interesting projects and be able to specialize in one of the domains as well. You will have the chance to work with the rich Platform as a Service (PaaS) portfolio of Oracle Cloud technologies such as Oracle Integration Cloud Service, Mobile Cloud Service, Oracle Content and Experience Cloud Service, IoT Cloud Service, Blockchain Cloud Service, SOA Cloud Service and so on.
You will have the chance to speak up and bring ideas in a very open environment, and becoming a part of the agile cultural change in Oracle.
Eagerness to learn is very important for us! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short time frame, this is the place to be!