Technical Support Engineer
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!Requirements
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for assisting Certent CDM, C7, DM and FSR customers with troubleshooting technical issues encountered with the Certent products.
To Be a Good Fit, You:
Work comfortably with remote, multi-site global teams and work autonomously
Are highly intelligent, with a humble nature– we value critical thinkers who are open to ideas and feedback
Look forward to contributing to the team’s success and watching Certent grow
Are driven to embrace new technologies; hungry to learn; hungry to share; hungry to advance
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting, writing, and interpersonal skills, as well as a customer-oriented attitude with the ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Fluent oral and written skills in English.
- Knowledge of SQL Server (i.e. able to do admin tasks such as backup/restore, understanding SQL/triggers/stored procedures etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and above.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2003 and above, focusing on Word and Excel.
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft IIS.
- Knowledge and understanding of networking principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of programming principles.
- Experience providing direct support to customers.
- Understanding and experience with SQL Server Analysis Services or Integration Services.
- Windows general troubleshooting – understanding Event Viewer logs, Windows
- Installer errors and logs, using the Registry Editor etc.
- Hypervisor understanding and basic troubleshooting – App-V, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Domain understanding and basic troubleshooting
- Basic accounting principles.
- Other Languages
- Primary responsibilities include providing solutions to Certent customers via web meetings, telephone and email through troubleshooting, research and investigation, while maintaining constant communication with the customer.
- Provide assistance to field consultants engaged at customer sites.
- Developing knowledgebase solutions for use by customers and Certent personnel