SaaSOps Engineer ($30K/year) - Remote Work
As a SaaSOps Engineer your main goal will be to assure the overall availability and performance of production services against availability and quality SLAs while ensuring to our customers a smooth and performant operation.
You will respond to alerts or events that may impact our uptime commitment. You will be focused on root causes, single points of failure and eliminate them through remediation and execution.
You are also expected to be up to date with the recent developments in the cloud ecosystem in order to help simplify existing solutions and create efficient new ones.
- Ensure that our multi-tenant infrastructure running more than 100 different products yields four nines
- Resolving outages based on SaaSOps playbooks and/or product knowledge
- Monitor incoming tickets queue and follow documented processes for troubleshooting, recovery and service restoration processes
- Optimize our public cloud computing costs
- Employ modern instrumentation to enable production applications and infrastructure observability and then act upon the results
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Providing on-call support in the defined time frame
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience maintaining SaaS applications in one of the major platforms (Azure, GPC, AWS, IBM Cloud) and cloud orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Marathon, VMware, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with Linux operating system
- 2+ years of experience in at least one programming language: Java, C, C++, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Good proficiency in the English language
Nice to have:
- Databases experience: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Networking Skills
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world