Machine Learning Scientist
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client, first R&D facility in Eastern Europe plays a major role in the city’s burgeoning tech industry, employing skilled experts who are inventing exciting new technologies in the fields of Cloud Computing, Information Security, Machine Learning and Data Analysis.
The Center is also known for the business teams who manage programs for their Retail, Compliance, employing associates, specialists and program managers across Retail Business Services, Compliance Operations and Digital Imaging Services.
- MS. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Strong algorithm development experience
- Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
- Advanced level of written and spoken English.
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Economics, or a related quantitative field, and 2+ years of relevant work experience, including:
- Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field.
- Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
- Expertize on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian Non-Parametrics methods.
- Strong Experience in Structured Prediction and Dimensionality Reduction.
- Expert in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar).
- Proven track record of production achievements in language, search and personalization.
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
- Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
- Proven track in leading, mentoring and growing teams of scientists (teams of five or more scientists).
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
The client teams support also their mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from recalled or unsafe products. The tools they develop are web-based and handle massive amounts of data. They implement the workflows for specific business processes and automate the work allocation based on skills and the prioritization based on business goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in regulatory compliance with a vibrant and fast-growing company!
We are looking for a Machine Learning Scientist with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who will participate in full development cycle from design and implementation to documentation and maintenance. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be passionate about developing reliable, efficient, and maintainable data analysis solutions that provide users with robust information solutions.
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of our client’s data to help automate and optimize key features and processes.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive new feature creation
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business operations
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Research and implement novel statistical approaches
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems and services;
- Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance;
- Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation;
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.