Data Scientist - Denied Party Screening
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client, first R&D facility in Eastern Europe plays a major role in the city’s burgeoning tech industry, employing skilled experts who are inventing exciting new technologies in the fields of Cloud Computing, Information Security, Machine Learning and Data Analysis.
The Center is also known for the business teams who manage programs for their Retail, Compliance, employing associates, specialists and program managers across Retail Business Services, Compliance Operations and Digital Imaging Services.
- Masters in computer science or in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, data science etc.)
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Fluency in a high-level modeling language such as R, Python, Matlab or other statistical software
- Strong communication, influencing and partnership skills
- Ability to navigate conflicting priorities and ambiguous problem space(s)
- Previous experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
In our client's group they build automatic mechanisms to detect and prevent prohibited transactions with denied parties. We are looking for a Data Scientist to lead the technical vision and architecture for a new mission critical system that screens customers from the moment they are introduced to them and at every point they interact and transact with our client’s various businesses and products. This is a greenfield initiative with plenty of opportunity to innovate and deliver.
You will collaborate with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence the transaction compliance of organization. You will use their large-scale computing resources to extract knowledge and insights from data and you will work with domain experts and engineers to build automated systems and solve problems that matter to their customers.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Data scientist who have experience building mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day by all businesses of our client.