Software Development Engineer C++ [Brasov]
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client, headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, is the leading partner in test and mechatronic simulation. Through their simulation software, testing systems and engineering services we enable advanced manufacturing companies to get better products to market faster and turn superior process efficiency into key competitive advantages. We tackle the challenges associated with intelligent system design with a strong passion for innovation and a continuous drive for excellence. Their Romania based offices play a critical role in their R&D software strategy.
As Software Development Engineer C++, you will be involved in the further extension and improvements of their products.
Educational Level: Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics/Physics;
• 1 – 3 years of relevant experience
Specific technical competencies:
• Proven skills in C++, OO development methodology and UML;
• Good knowledge of Digital Signal Processing is preferred (sampling technology, digital filtering) or at least a strong interest in this technical domain;
• Knowledge or experience in applied Numerical Mathematics is an asset;
• Knowledge of matrix algebra;
• Expertise in software design and architecture;
Languages: good knowledge of English (both written and spoken);
Specific personal competencies:
• Analytical mind, solution oriented, creative;
• High interest in ICT evolution (literature …);
• Team spirit and flexibility;
Function description (roles / accountabilities):
Within the Acoustics team, you will contribute the improvement of existing software as well as development of new software.
Your tasks will lie in the area of automating processes for data acquisition, data processing and analysis.
Your responsibilities will consist of:
• Analysis & design, starting from functional specifications;
• Development and optimization of code implementation of numerical algorithms for existing and new analysis methods;
• Coding and testing, including development of unit test routines or automatic test applications;
• Writing documentation for the developed code;
• Integration testing and bug-fixing.
• Share Matching Scheme (for each 3 shares bought by employee, Siemens offers a third);
• Easter, Christmas and summer vacation bonus;
• Annual / 13th salary performance bonus;
• Discount package ING Bank;
• Meal tickets;
• Retirement coverage – 3rd pillar;
• Life/accident/disability insurance;
• Subscriptions to selected private medical clinics– unlimited access for employee, spouse/partner and children;
• Sports subscriptions – unlimited entries;
• Reimbursement for theater/opera tickets for employee+1;
• Reimbursement for expenses with glasses/contacts;
• Extra vacation days; Days off for weekend bank holidays (e.g. if December 1st falls on a Saturday/Sunday, we get the next Monday off);
• Flexible working hours;
• Work from home;
• Team buildings, anniversary monthly events;
• Gifts and events for kids (June 1st, Christmas);
• Trainings, participation to conferences and other technical events;
• Paid subscription to online technical training content (e.g. Pluralsight);
• Standing desks, hardware renewal every 3 years;
• Pastries, fruits, veggies, yogurts, fresh orange juice, ice cream in the summer etc.