ASPIRE Leadership Development Program: Field Engineer Track– 2019 Opportunities (Romania) - General Electric
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Jobs from top companies in Romania active
View all jobs ASPIRE Leadership Development Program: Field Engineer Track– 2019 Opportunities (Romania) - General Electric active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
What do you ASPIRE to be? Whether collaborating with customers to develop break-through technology, solving business challenges, leading at a wellsite, or working on digital analytics, we want you to be a part of BHGE’s innovation
The Aspire Field Engineering track is for early career, highly motivated engineering talent—people with a passion for technology and innovation, a drive to deliver technical excellence and develop their leadership skills. The program is designed to accelerate participants' professional development through intense competency-based, classroom, online and on-job learning. This three-year program will give you an opportunity to be directly involved in the delivery of services to help clients locate, evaluate and produce oil and gas ever more efficiently including improving environmental standards. Program graduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively and continually make innovative contributions to BHGE's future.
As a Field Engineer you are the key interface between BHGE and the client at the job site and you represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly, aiming at Customers’ satisfaction through reliability and proactive support.
Your rate of progress will be driven by your personal effort and your ability to demonstrate your capability against the standards defined in the Competency-Development Program (CDP). Your progression will be determined by your performance, including the demonstration of your unfailing commitment to deliver your accountabilities.
Your manager will help you gain the necessary skills and knowledge. Your manager will also lead the assessment process to evaluate your skills and knowledge.
You will benefit from working with an assigned mentor to ensure that you have a comprehensive, holistic learning experience. Your mentor will support and direct you so that in time, you are ready to support other less experienced employees.
Your training will be based on on-job learning, self-study assignment and unparalleled technical training courses underpinned by the development of business acumen and leadership capability. You will be developing the foundation of your career by gaining BHGE qualifications which are the building blocks in the CDP.
During the program you will be developing basic oilfield knowledge working under the supervision of an experienced Field Engineer. Your ambition must be to demonstrate your capability to work confidently with a progressively broadening scope of knowledge, skills and customer-facing accountabilities, and in time to be able to support less qualified Field Engineers.
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations using BHGE systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
- Working as a crew member deploying BHGE tools and services, including direct liaison with customers’ representatives and BHGE shore-based Operations Managers
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work
- Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site
- Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory
- Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates
- Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of BHGE activities. Completing all training assignments to the required standards.
In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need:
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Be enrolled in a degree program in an Engineering, Applied Science or other technical program.
- Evidence of acting in a leadership role in paid or unpaid work
- Experience of participating in outdoor activities
- Evidence of meeting others’ expectations even when the situation was difficult
- A preference for working in a group rather than working alone
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more