Back Up & virtualization Support Engineer - Portuguese Speaker
Veeam is the global leader in Intelligent Data Management for the Hyper-Available Enterprise. Veeam Hyper-Availability Platform is the most complete solution to help customers on the journey to automating data management and ensuring the Hyper-Availability of data. We have more than 300,000 customers worldwide, including 75 percent of the Fortune 500 and 58 percent of the Global 2000. Our customer satisfaction scores at 3.5X the industry average, the highest in the industry. Our global ecosystem includes 55,000 channel partners, and nearly 19,000 cloud and service providers. Headquartered in Baar, Switzerland, Veeam has offices in more than 30 countries
Veeam Software opened its operations in Romania in 2015. In almost 3 years, the team has grown to more than 400 professionals managing the end-to-end sales process, global and regional marketing activities and technical support.
This is the second largest Sales and Marketing hub, with a technical component, for Veeam Software globally.
You can visit the Veeam Software office in Romania here: http://pano.360concept.ro/permastore/adtb/veeam/
Veeam is the best employer for those who love to win! Every day, we’re building a work place that’s not just amazing, it’s Veeamazing! We’re always learning something new, developing and making things happen.
We’re striving for Greatness Every Day and we’re ALL IN going beyond availability.
· At 36% growth a year, we are ready to grow faster than the industry average.
· We believe that you can’t go wrong selling a product miles better than the rest.
· The world’s tech leaders are working with us. How about you?
We are always looking for talented, creative and motivated people to join our team.
Bring your greatness to Veeam!
Role main Objectives:
Troubleshooting for backup software ( Veeam Backup and Replication ) which also includes any underlying infrastructure component, ranging from physical servers and storage devices to application layer for Vmware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, different Windows and Linux Versions.
• Ability to quickly learn, understand and explain technical information.
• Ability and desire to take ownership of client issues through resolution.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Any knowledge / hands-on experience related to : Windows Server / Networking / Microsoft Exchange / Active Directory / SQL / Oracle / VMware / Hyper-V
What a Veeam Support Engineer does:
She/he will take ownership of the customer problem or issue from the beginning of a support case through resolution. We troubleshoot on our end (in Veeam) as well as in 3rd party components from Microsoft and Vmware. We check if the issue is known or unknown, if it’s a defect, if it’s caused by misconfiguration, we correct it as break/fix scenario and educate the customer by explaining for the process and interaction works. We document all customer interactions and provide a short summary after each, via e-mail.
Veeam Support Engineer is working in a ticketing system.
A regular working day is divided into several activities as:
- the phone shift (1,5 hours primary and 2,5 hours backup). When those rings and you are on the primary shift, you are responsible to pick up the phone and help the customer, via phone or webex. A Support case is created for each customer. If you are in the backup shift, you pick up the phone, if all engineers from the primary shift are already engaged.
- customer scheduled meetings and appointments. There are the events you’ve scheduled with your customers. Those could be phone calls where you explain (educate) or live sessions where you troubleshoot the issues live in the customer infrastructure.
- learning activities: learning something new, testing things in the virtual lab, discussing interesting cases and issues with colleagues
- Administrative tasks.
- Lunch break. 30 min.
- relaxing (play table tennis, Xbox, PlayStation, Air hockey, table soccer, etc.).
Schedule: Mo – Fri – 09.00 – 17.30.
Join Veeam and you will enjoy a highly competitive salary package:
-meal tickets, complete medical subscription , transportation reimbursement, AFI Park card, etc.