iSoftBet Development Center was established in Timisoara in 2004 by UK Entrepreneurs, who believe in new technologies and the business opportunities Romania has to offer.
Since then, we have developed impressive online products and by doing so built an imposing brand. Our team is young, passionate and motivated to create amazing software solutions that make the difference, all in an awesome work environment with lots of benefits.
We are looking for smart people and we want you!"
As a Senior DevOps you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of iSoftBet network, servers and storage area network in the data center. This person will be designing/developing/deploying/documenting and managing future network and system solutions to meet company’s needs. He/she will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience;
• 5+ years of progressively responsible work in Unix or Linux server administration preferably in a medium to large enterprise;
• Extensive experience with Red Hat Linux;
• Extensive experience with Virtualization;
• Experience working with clustered / load-balanced servers;
• Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting;
• Experience with MySQL, Apache configurations, web server admin tasks and with FCGI and CGI particularly;
• Knowledge with OS and network security (firewalls and system hardening) including SELinux;
• Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP;
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, NFS and Sendmail and as well knowledge of Raid, Fiber Channel Storages;
• Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere;
• Fluency in English (written and spoken).
• Storage virtualization and SAN experience;
• Experience with NAS (network attached storage) solutions;
• MySQL Optimization, Backups, and Replication or SQL and DBA experience;
• Experience with any scaling solutions for MySQL;
• Strong troubleshooting and complex problem management skills and personal discipline;
• Teachable attitude/willingness to learn, desire to constantly learn and improve upon oneself and the organization;
• Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities along with fluctuations in workload.
• Perform design, implementation and administration of hardware and software systems including, but not limited to:
- ISCSI, NFS, and Fiber based storage;
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5,6,7;
- Web/Application Servers (Apache, NGINX, MySQL, Tomcat);
- Backup/recovery systems;
- Monitoring systems (Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti);
- NoSQL DB (MongoDB);
• Enhancing documentation of environments;
• Automate applicable processes using scripting skills (shell, perl);
• Contribute to on-call rotation for 24x7 support;
• Participate in scheduled off hours monthly maintenance activities;
• Train users and cross-train IT staff as needed;
• Ensure system backups are executed regularly and efficiently;
• Ensure system security through use of tools and standard processes;
• Work with vendors and service providers as needed to resolve issues and ensure best practices are followed;
• Collaboration within the team in order to achieve the requirements above.