Financial Controller - Brand & Marketing
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Dero and Delikat.
For us, sustainability is integral to how we do business. With 7 billion people on our planet, the earth's resources can be strained. This means sustainable growth is the only acceptable model of growth for our business. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact. We believe that as a business we have a responsibility to our consumers and to the communities in which we have a presence. Around the world we invest in local economies and develop people's skills inside and outside of Unilever.
• Strong analytical skills, Excel modelling skills and attention to detail (data accuracy);
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills;
• Ability to work fluidly with data and across systems;
• Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders;
• Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner and clearly explain Finance concepts to non-Finance stakeholders;
• SAP knowledge is a plus
• Fulfil standard reporting needs around Brand & Marketing Investments
• Provide support to the business partners to track spending against their budget;
• Prepare and post judgemental BMI-related journal entries and accruals on a monthly basis, including cross-charges;
• Work closely with the business to challenge the Marketing investments, drive actions to conclusion and offer support for any business decisions that might be required related to this area.
• Bring visibility and challenge the split between Advertising and Promotional expenses, communicate and track efficiency improvement projects;
• Provide commentary and analysis around BMI accruals balance sheet account;
• Manage the creation and amendment of all BMI internal orders, cost centres, users and data (working with local systems), and revise / adjust granular BMI forecast by Brand on a regular basis;
• Maintain close links with the Purchase-to-Pay team to monitor Marketing behaviour related to on-time payment of BMI suppliers.
• Train Marketing counterparts on the local/global systems, BMI accounting and BMI reporting