ALTEN Romania, a subsidiary of ALTEN Group – with a unique position as a European Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, was established in 2006 in Bucharest, with the aim to provide technical consulting for the customers of this specific market. Since its inception, the company grew and now has offices in Bucharest, Timisoara, Sibiu and Cluj-Napoca.
Through its team of over 300 specialists in software development, business analysis, business intelligence, PMO, Project Management, testing, technical support, automotive and aerospace engineering, ALTEN Romania is providing specialized services, both on the local and international markets in business sectors such as: aerospace, automotive, finances, pharmaceutics and telecom.
ALTEN Romania has a technical team of consultants and experts in engineering specialized in CATIA V5, NewPDM, SolidWorks, Matlab/Simulink, HIL, Autosar and others, while the IT Division has precise specializations like: Java, .NET, PHP, C#, C++, SIEBEL, Informatica PowerCenter, Cognos, MS BI and Oracle BI, BSCS and more.
• Strong object-oriented programming skills;
• Strong technical skills in C/C++, LINUX, client server development;
• Strong knowledge on messaging technologies, network protocols (TCP/IP) socket programming, concurrent programming;
• Previous significant experience as a C++ developer;
• GNU development tools (gcc, gdb, make);
• Python scripting; Bash scripting; Source control tools.
• Develop, maintain and enhance high performance applications that enable the company to trade on various financial markets (e.g. Deutsche Borse, London Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange etc.);
• Study new business & IT requests (understand user needs, suggest solutions etc);
• Be proactive by proposing enhancements from which the business/IT can benefit;
• Build quality into our software through extensive and automatic testing and continuous build;
• Communicate with Exchanges & Brokers, assess the impact of their system or API changes;
• Continuous technical upgrade of our setup;
• Ensure that release management / change management processes are followed;
• Be responsible of the 2nd and 3rd level of support;
• Collaborate with others teams (networking, systems, quality insurance, support, architects, others development teams).
We also value:
• Unit testing tools;
• Knowledge ofGIT, CVS;
• Cmake, Jira, Jenkins;
• A good combination of rigor, creativity and communication skills;
• Good command of English, both written and spoken with the ability to participate in English-only meetings.