Build & Release Engineer
SparkWare Technologies an 888 company is a software development center operating in Romania since 2013 as part of a multinational listed group, developing products and solutions in the online entertainment domain.
SparkWare Technologies provides an end to end offering including an online platforms infrastructure, backend, back office tools, payment processing, CRM, risk management and multiple SW clients using various technologies such as HTML5 .Net/ C#, C++, etc.
We are dynamic, creative and quality oriented company providing our employees with a challenging and rewarding experience with plenty of opportunities for both internal and external training and a culture that encourages experiencing with different technologies and a possibility of working on different aspects within our solutions range.
We’re looking for an engineer with hands-on knowledge on:
1. Jenkins or similar build systems
2. git, TFVC, other distributed code versioning system
3. Build and release engineering (know what CI/CD means and good practices on how to implement it)
4. Programming (Python preferred, C# good to have)
5. Good problem solving skills
Other nice to haves include:
1. Web programming experience (Flask, NodeJS, React)
2. Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, rkt)
4. Linux, Windows and MacOS admin skills
5. InstallShield experience
We’re looking for a software engineer to join the DevOps team at Sparkware Technologies, an 888Holdings company, to help us automate all the things!
The DevOps team is in charge of the Casino and Poker products build and deployment infrastructure, as well as developing internal tools used cross company to help decrease our time to market. Joining us means you’ll be at the intersection of development, QA, IT and product owner teams, working in a fast paced environment on varied technologies.
As a DevOps engineer, some of the things you’ll be responsible for are:
1. Managing and improving our build infrastructure based around Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory and Team Foundation Server (git and TFVC backends);
2. Develop and maintain build, and continuous integration and delivery pipelines and tools, written in Python, C# and the Jenkins pipeline DSL (Groovy based);
3. Create tools to improve the lives of our colleagues. Some of the projects we’re currently spearheading are:
a. Game deployment dashboard - enable product owners, project managers and QA teams to deploy new games to our environments
b. Release notes website - want to know what feature and bug fixes got released? This will help teams answer that all important question
c. A/B test manager - improve our overall games portfolio through data driven decisions.
d. Containerization and deployment simplification - as most of our new projects are TypeScript and NodeJS based, switch to a Docker image based deployment system
4. Assist developers, QA, product and management teams with deployments and related information
5. Advocate for industry standard practices and technologies (git, containerization, CI/CD)