Data Scientist – Working Student
You might be surprised how many different products are developed by Bosch Romania. So why not explore what we do, where we do it and how life is at Bosch?
What distinguishes you?
- Ongoing studies in a technical discipline (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, automation)
- Programming skills in tools or scripting languages like Python, SQL, Scala, Java
- Basic know-how on data structures and data bases
- Sound knowledge of statistics, machine learning or data mining algorithms
- Ability to rapidly understand, analyze and find solutions to complex problems and present these.
- Independent and self-responsible way of working
- Advanced English
- Nice to have: first experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop ecosystem, Spark)
Your contribution to something big :
- As a working student you will work in an international team together with experts but also other students on real-life use cases from the manufacturing industry.
- You will be working on a Big Data infrastructure where you will develop ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) code using programming languages like Scala, Apache Spark, Phyton, Sql and JAVA.
- The data sources you will work with include everything from flat text files, semi-structured logs, individual machine messages and sensor event streams to images from different optical tests.
- You will perform advanced data analysis by utilizing a variety of statistical, machine learning, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence algorithms, including neural networks, decision trees, logistic regression, clustering and others.
- You will apply new approaches as a direct result of your own initiative that results in a better solution, increased quality and/or greater efficiency. Be creative and pro-active!