Senior Hardware & Virtualisation Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Senior Hardware & Virtualisation Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Hardware & Virtualisation Project Engineer to join our fast paced and dynamic team within the London Stock Exchange Group Technology Hub in Bucharest. Beeing part of a leading UK investment and financial services company, you will provide engineering, operational and project support for the LSEG BSL physical HP blade/Synergy & virtual VMware infrastructure.
As a Senior Hardware & Virtualisation Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Provide engineering expertise for the hardware & virtualisation infrastructure (currently based on HP & VMware technologies);
- Provide operational level 3 support for the HP blade & VMware infrastructure as required;
- Provide project support as required;
Key competencies and required skills:
- 5 - 10 years experience in VMware technologies (VMware vSphere vCenter, ESXi, VUM, SRM, vROPs, vRA, vRO, vRB, vLI, AutoDeploy): design, implementation & support to industry standards;
- 5+ years experience with HP server hardware (HP Blades/c7000 enclosures, HP Synergy, HP OneView);
- Experience in VMware Horizon View technologies;
- HDS VSP/HNAS knowledge, including replication technologies (TrueCopy/HUR), Dell/EMC SAN ;
- Backup of virtual environments using Symantec NetBackup;
- Ability to design, implement, document, test, execute and operate solutions to a very high standard;
- Excellent investigation and troubleshooting skills of complex issues;
- Capability to determine and highlight risks (migration risks, design risks etc.) to Management;
- Scripting skills (PowerCLI) of advantage;
- Ability to lead and report in a formal and structured method;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.