IoT Dev Support Engineer
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more and apply.
Skill Profiles Needed
Thorough troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
Excellent C/C++, C# or Java coding skills
Excellent communication skills with both written and spoken English
Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
Effective learning skills
Customer service skills
“Nice to have” skills
Experience in writing low level drivers and applications development.
Experience in dealing and driving complex system debugs and root cause analysis for technical issues.
Knowledge and experience with programming in Win32
Windows Driver Development
Networking & Cloud knowledge
Familiarity and experience with managed debugging
Previous support experience
Visual Studio, IoT, Windows, Linux, Android, C, C#, Jscript, .Net Framework, troubleshooting, developer, programmer, Java, node.js
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work with a broad range of customers from small development shops and independent software vendors (ISVs) to Fortune 500 companies.
• Provide accurate information, and help resolve the most technically challenging, critical and highest impact problems for developers regarding their Microsoft systems software.
• Analyze the most difficult programming problems and develop highly specific solutions to meet developer needs.
• Communicate with developer customers through a number of channels including telephone, email, public and private forums, and the Internet.
• Participate in “triage” meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
• Identify and report both software bugs and customer suggestions.
• Act as a liaison to internal development organizations, representing the voice of the customer and advocating for product improvements to alleviate customer pain.
• Help teams across developer organizations monitor new incoming cases and meet SLA for critical cases and ensure transitions to appropriate teams
Provide solutions to challenging customer problems through customer interaction, debugging, root cause analysis, code workarounds, bug fixes and sample code. It encompasses a range of on-prem and cloud technologies from Azure IoT to Artificial Intelligence/Cognitive Services supporting multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Android etc) and multiple languages (C, C#, Java, Python etc). Developer Support Escalation Engineers are passionate about technology and helping others. They must be highly observant and skilled in detection in order to identify and resolve issues. This requires empathy, outstanding logic skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to think differently and a genuine desire to help people do their best.