Data Scientist - Data Analyst
You might be surprised how many different products are developed by Bosch Romania. So why not explore what we do, where we do it and how life is at Bosch?
What distinguishes you?
- Solid background in statistics
- Applied knowledge in machine learning / data mining or in physics / engineering
- Applied knowledge of scripting languages (Python, R, SQL etc.) and in using of statistics and data mining software packages (IBM SPSS, SAS, KNIME)
- Ability to rapidly understand, analyze and find solutions to complex problems and present these.
- Independent and self-responsible way of working
- Advanced English (German and other language skills are an advantage)
- Willingness to travel
Highly desired skills:
- Job experience in data mining, data analytics or as a process or quality engineer in a production environment
- Project experience in the development of data analytics solutions for industrial applications
- Capability to develop complex, efficient and scalable data driven solutions in a big data environment (Hadoop ecosystem)
- First experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Shiny, etc) is an advantage
Your contribution to something big
- As Data Scientist you will work in an international team and you will be responsible for the design, development and testing of analytical solutions based on large data streams in (near-) real-time for the international Bosch production facilities as part of the Industry 4.0 revolution.
- During the business understanding process you will be responsible for clarifying the customer requirements and identifying potential use-cases.
- You will work together with process experts in order to define and describe the required data sources. These include everything from databases, flat text files, semi-structured logs, individual machine messages and sensor event streams to images from different optical tests.
- Together with your data engineer colleagues you will define the data models and assure the data quality through the necessary checks and transformations.
- You will perform advanced data analysis by utilizing a variety of statistical, machine learning, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence algorithms, including neural networks, decision trees, logistic regression, clustering and others.
- You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of data mining solution libraries, visualisation of data and analytics results,
- You will support the transfer of the analytics results into the business process of the worldwide Bosch network. This includes the integration of data from our suppliers and the forwarding of data to our end-customers (automotive and consumer electronics).You will apply new approaches as a direct result of your own initiative that results in a better solution, increased quality and/or greater efficiency. Be creative and pro-active!
- You will be involved in collaborations with domain specific specialists within international data mining and research projects.