Vehicle Test Engineer- Sibiu_R&D_ADAS
*Create, modify and update different kind of equipment units existing in vehicle test and/or in the testing facility area.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Vehicle Test Engineer_Sibiu_R&D_ADAS
"We develop Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, an emerging and innovative field in the automotive business. Using video, radar and infrared sensors, our end products are "looking" around the vehicle, and take actions like making the driver aware of dangers, brake the car or even steer it out of the harm's way. The final goal of this kind of systems is to help protect the lives of passengers and pedestrians alike." Check out your daily tasks:/What will you be doing?
* Validate the functionality of products, according to the specific requirements or specifications by using, defining or developing single or automated tests within a predefined project plan considering processes, procedures and testing quality standards;
* Create, modify and update different kind of equipment units existing in vehicle test and/or in the testing facility area;
* Uses the company vehicles (which can be rented or of the manufacturers) according to the project or the technology on which he is working;
* Uses the vehicle tests with parameters modified from Plant (for e.g breaking, steering);
* Uses the vehicle tests on the public roads but also on special places (for e.g test tracks);
* Tests the vehicle following the test scenario previous defined, according to the specifications (for e.g: automotive standards, clients' specifications);
* Schedule and track own tasks within the framework of a given plan;
* Communication with project team in order to exchange information/find improvements;
* Participate to trainings and knowledge sharing process;
* Deliver trainings in a specific field.
Besides being awesome, you need to have:
* University degree in Computer Science, Programming, Electronics or similar areas;
* Knowledge in programming (e.g. C/C++) and electronics;
* Good understanding of complex systems (including SW and HW);
* English language skills;
* Critical thinking: curiosity and skepticism;
* Analytical ability, creativity and problem-solving skills;
* Communication protocols: CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet;
* Measurement & workshop equipments: multi meter, oscilloscope, car lifter, compressed air system, etc.
We will do our best so you can be your best! Your environment is important to us - so we make sure your team is beyond cool. Based on the values that define us, here are the extras we have:
* Pay for Performance;
* Relocation Package;
* Flexible Working Time; Mobile Work; Sabbatical Leave;
* Personalized Development & Training Programs;
* System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
* Kindergarten on Site for Continental Employees' Children Only;
* Health Management Programs & Medical Room on Site;
* Health Insurance Services & Travel Insurance Policy;
* Restaurant Concept & Coffee Corner on Site;
* Other benefits to enjoy after-work and community projects.
Continental in Romania In the time frame 1999 - 2017, Continental invested about € 1.4 billion in its Romanian operations. All the corporation's five divisions are represented in Romania. Continental has seven production units and four research and development centers in the cities of Timisoara, Sibiu, Carei, Nadab, Brasov and Iasi. Continental cooperates in a joint venture in Slatina and has a tire distribution center in Bucharest. Continental employed 19.700 colleagues by the end of 2017, out of which over 5.700 are engineers and IT specialist working in the R&D centers. Continental will hire this year over 1,000 new employees in Romania.
Continental in Sibiu Continental has invested more than 320 million euros in Sibiu since 2004. Here are annually produced about 33 million electronic control units. Among the products developed, tested and manufactured in Sibiu are intelligent braking systems, driver assistance systems or acceleration pedals that limit the speed in case of obstacle detection. Continental Sibiu has more than 3,800 employees, of which 1,000 are engineers in the R & D center and over 300 are engineers in the production area. Together, they combine knowledge in software and hardware development, experience in design and simulation, innovation in artificial intelligence, big data and production processes.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.