Accounts Payable Associate
At SNC-Lavalin, we all have a common purpose. What matters to you, it matters to us, equally. You are talented and motivated, ready to explore where the future takes you and we’re here to work with you side by side.
Globally, we are one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, but here in Bucharest, within our Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC), we only focus on building your career, while providing financial support to the SNC-Lavalin colleagues worldwide.
Our team is constantly growing and exciting openings are waiting for you! All you have to do is enjoy finance, communication and interaction with people around the world.
Why join SNC-Lavalin?
• Improve your language skills by interacting with native French and English speakers / access language courses
• Take real opportunities to boost your career in finance
• Enjoy flexible schedule, with day and evening shifts
• Receive motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin.
A journey where the purpose is present at all stages is our promise to you. Meet us!
Founded in 1911 and with offices in over 40 countries, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project Management Company, covering a variety of industry sectors, including mining & metallurgy, oil & gas, environment & water, infrastructure and clean power. In many cases, SNC-Lavalin combines these services with its financing and operations & maintenance capability to provide a complete end-to-end project approach. Thus, the Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) in Romania is the internal "unit" responsible for the execution and the handling of specific financial tasks.
This role is an exciting career opportunity for those of you who are fluent in English and who aspire to develop a carrier in the accounting and finance fields. As Accounts Payable Associate you will be mainly responsible for analyzing and processing supplier invoices as well as solving issues related to the Procure-to-Pay process.
To succeed in this role, you will need to pay attention to details, stay organized and take full ownership of the tasks related to invoice processing. You will have to analyze and investigate previous actions taken in the invoice processing cycle, identify potential issues/gaps and provide solutions in order to complete the process timely and accurately. This job requires frequent and direct communication with various internal and external stakeholders - project managers, costs controllers, buyers, external vendors, etc. You will be also closely collaborating with the team handling invoice payments in order to correct invoice entries to complete invoice processing within the expected deadlines.
Even if some prior experience in the accounting field will be considered as a plus, the position is also a good opportunity for people not related to finance and accounting as we will provide tools and training which will help you succeed in the role.
The Accounts Payable Associate is part of the Accounts Payable Team of SNC-Lavalin’s Finance Shared Service Centre based in Bucharest.
• Proficiency in English (French is a plus)
• Knowledge of Procure-to-Pay process is a plus
• Basic accounting knowledge is a plus
• Basic knowledge of Oracle or another ERP system is a plus
• Previous experience in Finance / Accounts Payable fields is a plus
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• University Degree (studies in Economics is plus) or relevant work experience
Capabilities and qualifications
• Strong team player
• Strong customer service orientation
• Attention to details paired with good analytical abilities
• Able to set priorities and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good communication skills
• Work experience in a shared services, process driven or service center environment is a plus
• Analyze and process supplier invoices
• Perform root cause analysis and identify solutions
• Perform vendor account reconciliations when needed
• Actively contribute to creation, completion or update of the training documents and working procedures
• Provide training to newcomers
• Identify process/system improvements opportunities and participate in their implementation
• Run reports and produce KPI’s (key performance indicators) when needed
• Perform other tasks related to invoice processing
Our offer towards work-life balance
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Team activities, team-building events, Fun@Work
• Employees Wellness Program – fresh fruits, free coffee and tea, chair message, employee wellness rooms
• Learning and Development programs, Career opportunities
• CSR & Sport activities
• Open and dynamic work environment
• Flexible working schedule organized in 2 shifts Monday to Friday (weekly rotation): 9:00 to 18:00 & 10:00 to 19:00