Collection agent - French
At SNC-Lavalin, we all have a common purpose. What matters to you, it matters to us, equally. You are talented and motivated, ready to explore where the future takes you and we’re here to work with you side by side.
Globally, we are one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, but here in Bucharest, within our Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC), we only focus on building your career, while providing financial support to the SNC-Lavalin colleagues worldwide.
Our team is constantly growing and exciting openings are waiting for you! All you have to do is enjoy finance, communication and interaction with people around the world.
Why join SNC-Lavalin?
• Improve your language skills by interacting with native French and English speakers / access language courses
• Take real opportunities to boost your career in finance
• Enjoy flexible schedule, with day and evening shifts
• Receive motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin.
A journey where the purpose is present at all stages is our promise to you. Meet us!
Founded in 1911 and with offices in over 40 countries, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project Management Company, covering a variety of industry sectors, including mining & metallurgy, oil & gas, environment & water, infrastructure and clean power. In many cases, SNC-Lavalin combines these services with its financing and operations & maintenance capability to provide a complete end-to-end project approach. Thus, the Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) in Romania is the internal "unit" responsible for the execution and the handling of specific financial tasks.
This role is an exciting career opportunity for those of you who are fluent in French and who aim at fully exploit their communication and analytical skills. As a Collection Agent you will be responsible for collecting outstanding amounts on client invoices, building and maintaining a relationship with the SNC-Lavalin’s clients in your portfolio and providing internal and external support related to the Account Receivables process. You will be also communicating frequently with project teams (cost controllers and project managers) as well, with Business Unit Controllers, in order to address and solve all outstanding invoice, including handling delinquent accounts.
To succeed in this role, you will need to develop deep knowledge of the Accounts Receivables process, be customer oriented and like problem solving. Your analytical skills, attention to details and abilities to stay organized will be highly appreciated and will help you excel in this role. This job requires direct communication with various stakeholders: clients, internal stakeholders (project managers or colleagues from different departments). Therefore, strong communication skills are required.
Even if some prior experience will be considered as a plus, the position is also a good opportunity for beginners as we will provide tools and training which will help you succeed in the role.
The Collection Agent is part of the Business Process Management Team of SNC-Lavalin’s Finance Shared Services Centre based in Bucharest.
• Proficiency in French
• Experience in the credit and collections field (would be a plus)
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in customer service related tasks is a plus
• Knowledge of Order-to-Cash process is a plus
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Basic knowledge of Oracle or another ERP system is a plus
• University Degree (studies in Economics is plus) or relevant work experience
Capabilities and qualifications
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team player
• Result and customer service oriented
• Able to efficiently manage time, set priorities and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• Attention to details paired with good analytical abilities
• Work experience in a shared services, process driven or service center environment is a plus
• Accurate execution of collection related tasks, working procedures and strategy
• Perform client account reconciliations
• Perform root cause analysis, identify issues/gaps and provide resolutions
• Constantly communicate with clients in the portfolio, project teams and other FSSC departments interrelated to Accounts Receivable process
• Identify areas where process / system improvements are needed
• Share knowledge by contributing to the creation/update of team procedures and documentation.
• Perform other tasks related to Resolution & Inquiry activities
Our offer towards work-life balance
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• French language allowance
• Team activities, team-building events, Fun@Work
• Employees Wellness Program – fresh fruits, free coffee and tea, chair message, employee wellness rooms
• Learning and Development programs, Career opportunities
• CSR & Sport activities
• Open and dynamic work environment
• Flexible working schedule organized in 2 shifts: 10:00 - 19:00 and 13:00 - 22:00* Monday to Friday
*8 mandatory evening shifts per month, with the possibility to extend to a maximum of 10 evening shifts per month (bonus after the 6th evening shift).