Cloud Service Designer
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
- Exposure and use of a variety of cloud paradigms (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google, enterprise cloud, private cloud)
- Project management skills for task, dependency, milestone, risks and constraints definition and management
- Financial analysis skills for the definition of OPEX and upfront costs, and support for the consideration of the impact of projected sales pipelines on cash flow and revenue
- Excellent communication skills – language, interpersonal skills, concise and clear interactions with stakeholders, putting requests in context of the stakeholders’ role and priorities
- Self-starting ability to work independently, determining which aspects can proceed without conferring and which require further discussion before proceeding
- Manage multiple work streams with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Support and occasionally lead validation of technical stacks, provided by the Product teams, in support of cloud based deployments (OS, application server, middleware, database, load balancing, state handling, messaging, runtime, etc.)
- Support and occasionally lead definition and documentation of the cloud infrastructure, working alongside the Cloud Architect and Product teams, using Finastra standard cloud components, validating both functional and operational fit including scope of environments required (e.g. Prod, Pre-Prod, pre-UAT, UAT, Dev, Test etc.), cloud VMs, database, networking and peering, backup, disaster recovery, performance, scaling, monitoring, regions, subscriptions and PaaS components etc.
- Support and occasionally lead aspects of deployment automation, working with Development Engineering, Cloud Operations and Products groups, including environment provisioning automation, application deployment and configuration automation
- Support and occasionally lead managed cloud service security aspects, working alongside Security, Product and Data Governance teams, including gathering and documenting access, authentication, integrity, vulnerability, patching, hardening, security monitoring, security operations, data classification, compliance certifications, and audits
- Support and occasionally lead activities related to Service Management process establishment, working with Service Management, Application Operations and Customer Support leads, including service runbooks, Standard Operating Procedures, Transition to Operations activities, and processes in support of the defined Finastra Service Operating Model groups
- Support and occasionally lead the definition and measurement of service related metrics, working alongside the Cloud Architect and Product groups, including service quality metrics for platform and application performance, and metering metrics for cost measurement aligned to the service KPIs (and pricing levers)
- Support and occasionally lead managed cloud service cost modelling and optimisation activities for cloud infrastructure, application, third party components, and service operations aspects
- Support and occasionally lead IT PMO Intake processes for managed cloud services initiatives, working alongside PMO and GTO managers, including defining the investment (staff and components) required to deliver the IT aspects of an overall programme
- Support and occasionally lead activities related to Finastra GTM governance, working alongside GTM Programme Managers, including providing managed cloud service updates to the GTM and participation in governance status meetings
- Support and occasionally lead the development of Cloud Service roadmaps, working alongside the Cloud Architect and Product teams, including aligning product and solution development activities to the tangible value they would provide the Cloud Service (in terms of qualified reduced costs and increased service quality)
- Support and occasionally lead the continuing development and improvement of the Cloud Service Architecture processes, working alongside Cloud Architects and Cloud Service Development teams, including updating documentation templates, and refining and updating processes
- Support activities and initiatives related to cloud subscription management, in so much as it supports managed cloud service consumption, expansion and retention
Cloud Service Design is concerned with all the aspects required to establish a managed cloud service ready to be consumed by our Clients. Collaborative cooperation is required to support and lead a diverse set of stakeholder groups throughout the organisation, vendor partners and other third parties. This encompasses everything from validating and interpreting the technical stack required to support a managed cloud service; through to working alongside sales operations teams as they position and sell the service; and service operations teams as they on-board service support.
This role Senior Cloud Service Designer works with the Chief Cloud Service Architect to support the activities associated with Cloud Service Design across Finastra Products and Solutions, primarily in the European and US regions, and including expansion into global services, when aligned with Finastra GTM initiatives.
Initiatives may initially include Treasury and Capital Markets (Post Trade Processing, Invest, Treasury, FRTB, Risk, Collateral, and Summit SaaS), Payments (Global PayPlus Total Payments), Retail Banking (GTMs for Germany and UK), Corporate Banking (Trade Innovation, payments). This set of initiatives will be expanded and modified as guided by the priorities of the Business.