IT Support Technician 24/7
With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 400 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; STAID - Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within STAID, we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Networking, Python, MSSql or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
We are looking for a Support Technician to join our Monitoring Team in Cegeka Romania, team which handles medium-complex infrastructures, mainly enterprise environments. The team has 5 members in Romania and collaborates with collagues from Romania and Belgium to ensure that the quality of the services provided is at the highest level.
As a member of this team, you will be involved in monitoring the infrastructures of our Customers. You will make sure that the services are up and running and that the incidents are acknowledged in the agreed time frame. In addition to this, a great part of your activity will include performing proactive daily checks of the different environments.
In terms of monitored environments, we are talking about Wintel and AS400 / iSeries environments – hundreds of devices for over 40 Customers, located abroad.
As woking hours, the team operates on a 24 by 7 basis. There are 3 main shifts: 07:00 AM – 15:30, 15:00 – 23:30 and 23:00 – 07:30 AM.
We are ITIL certified, which means that we respect specific standards for the procedures and operational flows we have in place, which are implemented division-level. In addition to that, in order to increase efficiency and transparency in terms of team interaction and communication, we have periodically 121s and team meetings, which help us deliver our services continually while not overburdening the team members.
What you need to do
• Monitor the Customers’ IT infrastructures
• React on all alerts as defined within the process binders
• Tickets follow-up and escalation in accordance with priority, impact and SLAs
• Follow-up and accurate record of the performed checks
• Work in close collaboration with your colleagues to ensure that service delivery to the customer is of the highest standard
• Work in accordance with the company’s quality standards, procedures, processes and work instructions
• Attend trainings and team meetings
• Also: be a colleague and not only a team member – and a very good one!
What you need to know
• Good knowledge of common ICT technologies in general (Servers, PC, VMWare, Backup solutions, Networking, Printers, etc…)
• English – Advanced
What you need to be
• Graduate of Computer Science or equivalent
• Willing to work in a procedural environment, where initiatives and proactiveness in encouraged
• Learning oriented person
• Customer oriented - professionalism is required in all communication with the clients (phone calls, emails)
• Punctual and flexible - schedule adherence is one of the objectives of your activity and it will be taken into account during your performance evaluation
What we offer:
- Flexible working environment within a dynamic team ;
- We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus 1 day added at every 3 years within the company;
- Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers;
- Meal tickets;
- Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies);
- Preferential rates to 7Card subscription;
- Preferential rates to a dental clinic;
- Massage within the company premises;
- Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.);
- Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.);
- Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to internal policies);
- Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots.