Big Data Developer
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client is a product development consulting company focused on designing and developing scalable high-performance web and mobile applications. For them creating software is more than writing clean, well-engineered, maintainable code. It’s about building a team that constantly delivers on time and within budget.
They target a continuous deployment process, constantly striving to improve their code quality, test coverage and choosing the best stack for the job, while enhancing estimations and hitting milestones.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self-improvement and self-motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
Your positive and team oriented attitude will support you in working well with your colleagues. Good communication skills will help you create stronger connections. The secret ingredient to succeed in a rapidly expanding environment is to be highly organized and able to balance multiple simultaneous projects. Whatever the (technical) problem, utilize your skills to be part of the solution.
The difference between something good and something great will be your extreme attention to detail and the consistency of your work. Performing independently, with little supervision, will unlock more of your creativity to encourage you to reach your potential. Your passion towards big data will fuel your inspiration to come up with original ideas on how to get things done. All these will make a major impact on your results.
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
• BS or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
• 1.5+ years of experience in software development and database concepts, in general
• Experience in Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java, Scala.
• Experience with relational database internals, including both query processing and query planning, or other data processing infrastructure
• Basic knowledge of key data structures and algorithms
• Knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases
• Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
• Mandatory experience with Spark (Apache Spark, HDFS). Apache Kafka, Apache Kerberos, Elasticsearch are a plus.
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra or MongoDB, preferably HBase
• Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala, preferably Hive
• Experience with Management of Hadoop cluster, with all included services is a plus
• Good knowledge of data warehousing solutions
• Good ability to familiarize with unknown code in order to analyze and improve it.
• Experience with version control software (preferably Git)
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Good English skills (written and spoken)
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO
• Design and build the infrastructure with a focus on large-scale data extraction, preparation and loading of data from a variety of sources to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
• Work closely with other data and analytics team members to design, develop, maintain and evaluate big data solutions.
• Develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions
• Extract data from a variety of sources like relational databases, NoSQL Databases, Distributed File System.
• Write clean, well-engineered, maintainable code that conforms with accepted standards
• Develop quality code through unit and functional testing
• Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings
• Work with talented and determined engineers and designers to shape the future of big data solutions
• Discover continuous learning opportunities in your everyday activity
• Add your own mix of flavors to our dynamic and innovative team
• Connect with passionate people in our open and friendly environment.