Credit & Collections Specialist
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for collection of receivables using established collection procedures on a portfolio of customer accounts.
- Maintain a smooth functioning of credit portfolio - supplying responsive, process-effective services to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for ensuring Customers Financial Services metrics are achieved
- Establish and maintain contact with customers concerning past due amounts, payment trends, and other matters related to past due receivables to improve company cash flow.
- Visit, if required, or Contact customers on past due items and perform resolution of disputed invoices.
- Interfaces with a variety of functional areas at various business sites related to customer disputes, invoice copies, proof of deliveries, contract/PO issues, etc.
- Conduct business in a manner that promotes both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Conduct periodic A/R reviews with the sales and finance organizations
- Understand existing policies and procedures (process maps) to ensure compliance for each business unit.
- Review delinquent accounts on a regular basis to determine root causes.
- Propose customer credit limits and payment terms
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Economics:
- Minimum 2 years of credit and collections experience;
- Intermediate knowledge of collections and payments process;
- Fluency and ability to work in English;
- Ability to work in another foreign language like Spanish/Czech/Polish;
-SAP experience is a plus;
- Goal oriented, motivated self-starter, with excellent organizational and analytical skills & the ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Strong PC skills including Excel and experience with other Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal skills.