Senior ORACLE & SQL Server DBA
The ORACLE & SQL Server DBA is responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical ORACLE & Microsoft SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our applications.
The successful candidate is responsible for the development and sustainment of the ORACLE & SQL Servers, monitoring and ensuring their operational readiness (security, health and performance. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Manage ORACLE & SQL Server databases in different environments: development, test, UAT and mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years ORACLE & MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, team player
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Banking knowledge & Certifications are a plus