EBS Financials Technical Support Engineer
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong understanding of ERP product(s), specifically Financials
• EBS Financials experience preferred; EBS General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets experience are helpful but working knowledge of EBS Accounts Receivable is desired and experience with Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, or other ERP Financial Solutions is a plus.
• Functional/Technical background in assigned product area (. Financials) and exposure to associated systems and software
• Technical skills in any of the following are desirable: RDBMS, SQL, PL SQL, XML, Java, J2EE and Oracle ADF, SOA and Web Services
• Understanding of structured SQL statements and how they are executed in the RDBMS (SQL/ PLSQL) helpful
• Ability to read and decipher software Log and Trace files, Web Server Optimization, Server configuration as well as the ability to act upon the finding to determine a problem resolution.
The position is for a Technical Support Professional with a functional background in Financials. Reports to an Oracle Customer Support Manager. Candidates should have a good understanding of Oracle EBS or other ERP Financial Software knowledge.
Experience in the accounting lifecycle with knowledge of common enterprise structures setup, journal processing, financial reporting, interfaces, period close processes and activities and Financial Reporting Workspace are highly desired. Support or consulting experience with Oracle Financials or other ERP Financial solution is preferred.
Responsible for providing excellence in customer service support, track-incidence, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting, and resolution of complicated and critical cases. The focus of this position is to provide Customer Service on a technical and functional level and to ultimately drive complete and total resolution of each service incident.