Personal Property Tax Accountant
Mood Media is the global leader in elevating customer experiences. Through the right combination of sight, sound, scent, systems and social mobile technologies, Mood’s solutions reach more than 150 million consumers a day.
With more than 500,000 active client locations around the globe, they consult and serve more than 850 businesses of all sizes and market sectors, from the world’s most recognized retailers and hotels to quick-service restaurants and thousands of small businesses.
• 2 to 5 years of experience with finance and accounting.
• 2 to 5 years of experience preparing returns working with complex datasets including Oracle.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Experience researching tax laws and regulations using tax research engines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Review and update all Fixed Asset data for import into property tax software (PTMS).
Analyze data and reporting requirement for each jurisdiction to ensure accurate and thorough filings.
Prepare and submit for review all required multi-state business personal property tax filings.
Assist with review of subsequent tax bills for accuracy to assessments and fixes, and then prepare payment requests.
Calculate property tax estimates and assist in the annual budgeting process.
Maintain PTMS database of relevant information for all Company locations.
Create and maintain sufficient files and records to document all aspects of property tax processes and filings for detailed review by management, which will meet or exceed Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Eventually own, update, or create ongoing guidelines and process.
Research technical issues, such as taxability of different types of property in various jurisdictions.
Partner with the Fixed Asset group to correct any problems with fixed asset categorization or amounts which are identified in reviewing property tax issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Attention to detail, accuracy, timely filing and precision
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team member
• Strong analytical / problem solving skills
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel is a requirement.