Application Administrator (Linux) - 102621
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Cerinte
You’re a great fit if you have:
* Very good experience on administering and managing Microsoft Windows and Linux OS
* Experience with VMware vSphere virtual environment is a plus
* Very good experience with Oracle, MS SQL database administration
* Knowledge in open source RDBMS like MySQL or PostgreSQL is a plus
* Very good experience with Bash, PowerShell, Python scripting language in order to assist automation of regular tasks
* Experience with administration and operation of web and application server technologies like Apache Tomcat, IIS, JBoss, CUPS, WebLogic
* Good experience on implementing monitoring tools like CheckMK, Prometheus, ELK
* Experience working with Docker microservice environments is a plus
* Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and technologies
* Understanding of routing, switching, firewall and network topology
* Good communication and time management skills;
* Mature and self-motivated professional with the ability to work in a fast-passed and constantly changing environment
* Able to prioritize topics according to requests and resources;
* Proactive, results-oriented, problem solving skills.
* Very good spoken and written English skills.
Why should you join us?
We are looking for an Application Administrator responsible for providing operational assistance and support for METRO Group applications and related infrastructure services such as server operating systems, database administration and related application services. Responsibilities include and are not limited to following general activities like configuring, patching and performance tuning of operating systems, databases and application specific services.
* Administration and support of Windows and Linux OS based servers and virtual machines
* Performs regular system maintenance including patch management, OS lifecycle and performance tuning
* Configuring monitoring and alerting resource usage for Windows and Linux OS
* Design and implement database architecture considering high availability and redundancy concepts
* Administration, support and configuration of Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL and Mongo databases and clusters
* Configuring monitoring and alerting of specific database components.
* Installation, configuration and administration of following application services: Apache Tomcat, IIS, printing services, JBoss, SFTP, WebLogic.
* Define and implement monitoring and alerting of applications’ particular services
* Develop scripts and tasks automation for load and performance tests, application deployment, module integration
* Configuring a backup and restore concept for all applications’ components.
* Testing new technologies by building and implementing PoC for further improve applications’ operational model in areas of design, deployment & integration and administration
* Make recommendations for future application and infrastructure upgrades
* Troubleshoot problems reported by customer analyzing and isolating the issue, utilizing all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of application issues.
* Handling calls with external application providers in order to solve production issues.
* Develop operational procedures and documentation for application administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup & recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
* Collaborate and consult with infrastructure colleagues such as System and Network Administrators, Database Administrators to optimize application availability and performance
* Actively participates in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to AOS team.
* Provides technical trainings and knowledge sharing to team members as required.
* Provide on-call 24 x 7 support on a rotating basis
What we offer?
* Flexible working time;
* Minibus transfer for the daily commuting to work;
* Possibility to work from home;
* Lunch tickets;
* Health and life insurance;
* Private pension;
* Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
* Trainings (technical, soft skills, business, English);
* Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation;
* Gift vouchers;
* Fitness centers discounts;
* Sports activities & other company events;
* Relaxation area;
* Chair Massage;
* Free Bookster account; and…fresh orange juice, free coffee, fresh fruits.