HW Technician Coordinator for Sample Production for I ID - TSR
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46,000 people worldwide and generated sales of €9.3 billion in 2017.
Sample Production role is to build prototype samples during the development phase of the projects (Instrument Cluster, Digital Cluster, Central Display, Head Up Display) until mass production starts. As a Hardware Technician in Sample Shop you are responsible for:
* Coordination of small team of hardware technician's activities to ensure the deliveries PCB-Assemblies in a required time, according to RD requests.
* Planning of activities/ tasks
* Responsible for making estimations and planning to meet due dates
* Assign tasks to team members.
* Make price estimation for requested tasks.
* Quality and process implementation
* Offer support for implementing working procedures
* Ensure quality and in time delivery of results
* Check and control quality standards for project
* Communication with sample production Project Manager, Team Leader, team members
* Handling collaboration with external suppliers
* Coaching and mentoring
* Perform trainings at request
* Coaching and mentoring new colleagues
* Technical coaching of team members
* Technical tasks
* Responsible for organizing of the assemblies of various PCBs for the ongoing projects with the high level of quality
* Flash and test the PCB-Assemblies according to specifications
* Build test equipment's and cable harnesses
* Administrate the materials
* Maintains the internal materials stock
* Do reworks of the PCBs according to developer specifications.
* Technical high school or college
* Basic experience in Analog and Digital Electronic
* Practical experience in repairing electronic products or equipments
* Experience and knowledge in soldering SMD components and electronic boards sample build or prototyping
* Use measurement equipment, especially digital multi meters
* Knowledge in reading schematics and components placement documents
* Quality processes (advantage)
* Microsoft Office
* English medium level
* German (advantage)
* Initiative, communication and team skills
* Integration Program in a professional, professional, young & dynamic team
* Competitive Salaries & Benefits
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.