With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 400 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; STAID - Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within STAID, we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Networking, Python, MSSql or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
We are looking for a Storage Engineer to join our Data Management Team within Cegeka Romania, team which handles medium-complex infrastructures, mainly enterprise environments. The team collaborates with colleagues from Romania, the Netherlands and Belgium to ensure that the quality of the services provided is at the highest level.
As a member of this team, you will mostly be involved in managing the infrastructures of our customers, troubleshooting technical problems and deliver projects requested by our customers. You will make sure that the services are up and running and that the incidents assigned to your group are acknowledged and resolved in the agreed time frame. In addition to that, your activity will include performing maintenances and changes in the customers’ infrastructure. You will be proactive and deliver reports to our customers, with technical proposals that would improve their environments and optimize them.
We have a Knowledge Base (KB) implemented, where you will find documentation, articles and procedures uploaded by other team members and, among your tasks, you will be involved in updating those documents. Also, as a member of this team, you will be involved in creating technical procedures for L1 Team, procedures which help solving first line problems.
The work schedule is from Monday to Sunday, with an 8 hour shift, that can vary between 07:00 AM and 07:00 PM EET.
Although weekend work is also involved, when performed such shifts, 2 consecutive free days will be given in the next week.
We are ITIL certified, which means that we respect specific standards for the procedures and operational flow we have in place, which are implemented division-level. In addition to that, in order to increase efficiency and transparency in terms of team interaction and communication, we use periodically 121 and team meetings, which help us deliver our services continually while not overburdening the team members.
What you need to know:
• 2+ years experience in a similar position
• Basic knowledge: Windows 2003 & Windows 2008 (R2) & Windows 2012
• Basic knowledge: Linux/Unix/AIX
• Knowledge of storage area networks (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS). Preferably you worked with following products:
• IBM XIV and V-series
• HP 3Par
• Knowledge Netapp Oncommand (is considered a plus)
• Knowledge of different scripting languages
• Essential networking knowledge
• Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities, demonstrated knowledge of change management
• Ability to adapt quickly to constantly changing business priorities
• Essential networking knowledge
• Passion for IT and strong interest in self-development
• Strong team spirit, initiative and involvement
• Punctuality and flexibility - Schedule adherence is one of the objectives of your activity and it will be taken into account during your performance evaluation
• Ability to listen, learn and improve
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
• Willing to travel
What you need to do:
• Technical Support in the Data Management team
• Daily collaboration with both local and Belgium teams
• Checking and configuring backup jobs to safeguard our customer’s data
• Executing restore data tickets
• Analysis of support requests
• Timely updates for every support request assigned to your group
• Accurate ticket documentation of the support request and troubleshooting steps taken
• Ownership and responsibility for all tickets assigned to your queue
• Creation of change & maintenance requests prior to implementations
• Maintenance of operational data management systems
• Creation and modification of technical procedures, manuals and processes for supporting projects
• Attendance in trainings and team meetings
• Participate in standby / on-call availability schedules
• Share knowledge with other team members and get involved in coaching and follow-up sessions with them
What we offer:
• Headquarters in the centre of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
• Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus extra days in accordance to our internal policies
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
• Meal tickets
• Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Preferential rates to 7Card subscription
• Access to a modern library
• Massage within the company premises
• Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.)
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
• Continuous learning and improvement activities
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots