DevOps System Engineer - 102581
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Cerinte
You’re a great fit if you have:
* Previous experience with application clustering, load balancing, high availability, and reliability concepts and supporting technologies
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
* A passion to provide excellent service to customers
* Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, RHEL) – OS, networking, process level
* Knowledge about cloud technologies
* Automation and configuration management tools (Puppet). Ansible would be a plus
* Apache Kafka or other message bus experience
* Troubleshooting in distributed systems
* Sharp analytical and problem solving skills
* CI/CD tools
* Version controls systems (GIT)
* Scripting experience (bash, Python, Go)
Willingness to work on call duty
We are currently looking for a System Engineer enthusiast to join an experienced DevOps team.
OPQS is a PaaS team with mission to provide a highly available, scalable and persistent queuing infrastructure to transfer data and handle messaging requirements between services in a digital world.
We design, construct and manage Apache Kafka clusters in the cloud by enabling the development teams to focus on building high-throughput data stream applications in a fast and efficient way, eliminating the operational burden of carrying about the underlying infrastructure.
To minimize implementation effort we share best practices, integration methods with development teams and support them through their development lifecycle.
We’re looking for someone to:
* Create and maintain the Kafka Infrastructure on multiple clouds (OpenStack, Google) and Datacenters
* Build and manage Kafka clusters and services by automating the tasks using Puppet and custom scripts
* Proactively monitor system health and performance using Datadog and Check_MK
* Ensure high-availability and scalability of the application; make sure the systems are recoverable in accordance with the SLAs
* Develop testing scenarios for new software installation/upgrades/migrations
* Implement OS patch management and security policies for the fleet
* proactively catch and remediate problems, develop and implement solutions for improvement
* build tooling to troubleshoot systems more effectively
* Share best practices and support development teams with Kafka consultancy for their particular use cases
* create technical documentation, write operational procedures provide operational support/incident management
What benefits you'll have:
* Flexible working time;
* Minibus transfer for the daily commuting to work;
* Possibility to work from home;
* Lunch tickets;
* Health and life insurance;
* Private pension;
* Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
* Trainings (technical, soft skills, business, English);
* Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation;
* Gift vouchers;
* Fitness centers discounts;
* Sports activities & other company events;
* Relaxation area;
* Chair Massage;
* Free Bookster account;
* and…fresh orange juice, free coffee, fresh fruits.
* How you match Learn more about how you match this job poster’s requirements.