Linux Application Administrator - 102578
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Cerinte
You’re a great fit if you have:
* Very good experience on administering and managing Debian and RHEL server
* Knowledge of building, deploying and managing with containers tools: Docker Swarm, Docker compose, Rancher, Kubernetes is a plus
* Strong experience with Oracle, SQL database administration
* PostgreSQL knowledge is a plus
* Very good experience with Bash, Go, Python scripting language in order to assist automation of regular tasks
* Experience with administration and operation of web and application server technologies like Apache, Tomcat, nginx, CUPS, HAproxy
* Good experience on implementing monitoring tools like CheckMK, Prometheus, ELK
* Experience working with Jenkins and Docker microservice environments is a plus
* Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and technologies
* Knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, network, load balancer, proxy and others
* Good communication and time management skills;
* Mature and self-motivated professional with the ability to work in a fast-passed and constantly changing environment
* Able to prioritize topics according to requests and resources;
* Proactive, results-oriented, problem solving skills.
* Very good spoken and written English skills.
We are looking for a Linux Application Administrator responsible for managing and support a suite of METRO Group applications and related infrastructure services such as server operating systems, database administration and application services. You will ensure the target availability and provide high-quality technical and functional support to our internal clients.
What we’re looking for?
* Administer and support a set of applications running on Linux OS (Debian and RHEL), in accordance with predefined objectives and SLAs
* Performs regular system maintenance including housekeeping, performance tuning and integrate new system versions, drivers and patches
* Implementing active monitoring, identifying, alerting and tracking relevant performance indicators
* Evaluate system performance and produce reports to recommend and implement platform improvements as appropriate
* Administration, support and configuration of Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL databases for development, testing, preproduction and production usage
* Ensuring high-availability of the applications
* Develop scripts and tasks automation for load and performance tests, application deployment, module integration
* Configuring, maintaining and regularly testing the backup plan
* Testing new technologies by building and implementing PoC for further improve applications’ operational model in areas of design, deployment & integration and administration
* Make recommendations for future application and infrastructure upgrades
* Work with the development team to ensure the service availability and performance
* Develop internal operational procedures and documentation for application administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup & recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
* Actively participates in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to AOS team.
* Provide on-call 24 x 7 support on a rotating basis
What benefits you'll have:
* Flexible working time;
* Lunch tickets;
* Health and life insurance;
* Private pension;
* Trainings (technical, soft skills, business, English);
* Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation;
* Gift vouchers;