Billing Agent - English
At SNC-Lavalin, we all have a common goal. What matters to you, also matters to us. You are talented and motivated, ready to explore where the future takes you and interested in pursuing a carrier in the finance and accounting fields? Come and join us! We will help you achieve your full potential.
Who we are
We are one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world having more thaemployees and offices in more than 100 countries. With over 100 years’ experience, our promise is to resolve complexities and bring integral solutions to life. We are holders of the long view. Our expertise touches every aspect of a project’s lifespan and we are committed to bringing value every step of the way. We develop solutions thought diligent and determined expertise, across sectors, divisions, and continents while being guided by our core values – Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation and Safety.
Here in Bucharest, we established our Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) in 2014 and we are growing ever since. We are responsible for managing core finance processes such as Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash and Record-to-Report for the SNC-Lavalin entities in Canada and USA.
This role is an exciting career opportunity for those who are fluent in English and who aim at fully exploit their knowledge in the finance and accounting fields. The position is also a good opportunity for beginners as we will help you learn everything you need to know on the job.
The Billings Agent role is part of the Billings Team of SNC-Lavalin’s Finance Shared Services Centre.
You will be in charge of issuing client invoices. You will be closely collaborating with project teams in order to obtain all required information, validate billing conditions and ensure the client invoice is issued timely and accurately.
• Proficiency in English, French is a plus
• Basic accounting knowledge is a plus
• University Degree or relevant work experience
• Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Basic knowledge of Oracle or another ERP system is a plus
Capabilities and qualifications
• Strong team player
• Strong customer service orientation
• Able to set priorities and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good analytical abilities paired with a good sense of meticulousness
• Work experience in a shared services, process driven or service center environment
• Good communication skills
• Prepare client invoices based on billing conditions and instructions
• Prepare intercompany invoices
• Issue and send clients invoices, including submission on client self-service portal
• Issue credit memos
• Issue monthly statement of accounts for internal and external clients.
• Maintain project information to ensure billing conditions are timely entered and updated
• Maintain all billing related project documentation in a central document repository
Our offer towards work-life balance
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Team activities, team-building events, Fun@Work
• Employees Wellness Program – fresh fruits, free coffee and tea, chair massage, employee wellness rooms
• Learning and Development programs, Career opportunities
• CSR & Sport activities
• Open and dynamic work environment
• Flexible working schedule organized in 2 shifts: 10:00 - 19:00 and 13:00 - 22:00* Monday to Friday
*3 mandatory evening shifts per month, with the possibility to extend to a maximum of 10 evening shifts per month (bonus after the 6th evening shift).