Game Economy Designer
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
- Proficient in Excel + VBA;
- Monetization & Economic balancing skills (intermediate): understanding of economical concepts, economic systems and how they fit within the game;
Experience in ecosystem design (medium Mathematical skills, algorithms, trends, equations);
- Worked at least on 1 live game title (mobile preferred, f2p preffered);
- Well organized;
- Able to communicate clearly about complex topics;
- Team player, able to bring and receive constructive feedback and to share a common vision;
- Systemic thinking;
- Strong analytical and synthetical abilities : able to deconstruct deep systems and to improve them for a better user experience.
Nice to have
- Experience in one of the following game genre: MMO Strategy game, MMO RPG,
- MOBA, City builder, management game, collectible card games, or any game involving deep mechanisms and stats balancing;
- Other Scripting/Programming skills (Python, C#);
- Reporting (Tableau).
- Deconstruct competitor data, analyze other games mechanics and systems;
- Design data architecture;
- Build simulation tools in MS Excel in order to balance in-game data and project player’s progression;
- Manage the tuning and pacing of the player progression and help to design the tools required for this process;
- Balance and manage the different in-game currencies (sources and sinks);
- Drive the architecture and balancing of different in-game systems: PvP, PvE, Crafting, Events, Heroes;
- Define monetization strategies and balance the economic system: IAPs & sales, reward schedules, player segmentation, discounts;
- Manage Live Ops strategies from a numerical and scheduling perspective: Events design, Live Ops calendar design;
- Evaluate permanently the coherence of the economy systems, from a balancing perspective (future updates, sales, new game modes);
- Collaborate with BI & Data Analytics team to produce in-depth analysis of the monetization and provide concrete design solutions;
- Collaborate with BI & Data Analytics team to define, validate and adjust intentions and monitor post-release performance in order to improve KPI.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.