Software Internship – Embedded Software for Automotive Applications - firmware
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Looking for a student focused on Computer Science or Electronics, ideally both, which is smart, proactive and willing to peer with our engineers to learn innovative technologies.Responsibilities
You will develop high quality embedded system-level firmware software for our embedded microcontrollers and processors following automotive standards. The firmware uses the accelerators that are part of NXP’s next generation platforms for the automotive market.
You will be part of the software team working on the products that will power the autonomous cars of tomorrow. You will learn about embedded software programming as part of our projects on device drivers and operating systems, interact with leading global experts for automotive technologies and get familiar with quality standards and models required in the automotive industry.
Some of the technologies developed in Romania include device drivers and integrated embedded solutions, firmware for communication accelerators, software stacks (TouchSense, NFC, CAN, LIN, etc), real time operating systems, security software, Linux operating systems and ADAS radar and vision software development kits.
A typical day involves at least one of:
- interacting with real embedded engineers and work and during coffee breaks, using Romanian and English languages - attn: involves laughing, from time to time
- learning about a modern processor architecture
- writing embedded C code, perhaps a bit of assembly language
- brushing up on makefiles and python skills for automating
- understanding how to use in software a hardware communication peripheral
- getting skilled in using a debugger probe to study bugs and profiling information for embedded target device
- finally figuring out why architecting software is a must before jumping on heedlessly writing code
By joining our team, beside an attractive compensation, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a high-performance team, who has already patented innovative ideas in the automotive software domain, in a secure, pleasant and dynamic work environment.
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
*Please note the candidate will need to be a registered student throughtout the course of this assignment.