ALTEN Group, a worldwide leader in engineering & technology consulting, has a strong commitment to invest in Romania. Its employees have the skills and capabilities to cover the whole development cycle and to offer a wide choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete projects outsourcing.
ALTEN Group has reached 1000 consultants in Romania that work on ambitious projects from offices in Bucharest, Timisoara, Sibiu, Cluj-Napoca, Iasi, Craiova, Pitesti.
ALTEN Romania comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER, working as an agile organization.
ALTEN KEPLER division serves clients both locally and internationally from the fields of telecommunications, banking, automotive, aeronautics, insurances, the pharmaceutical industry and retail.
Professional Requirements MUST HAVE:
• Solid knowledge of software engineering principles (OOP, Domain Driven Design, Programming and Agile best practices, etc.);
• Advanced knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, preferably MySQL;
• Advanced knowledge of APIs, web protocols and services (REST, SOAP, HTTP, SOA, Microservices, API First approach)
• Experience building large-scale applications and refactoring it;
• Experience with unit/integration/functional/exploratory tests
• Ability to deliver value in an Agile development environment – experience in working Agile (Scrum, LeSS, Kanban)
Professional Requirements NICE TO HAVE:
• Async processing (RabbitMQ, SQS);
• Systems knowledge and basic shell scripting (RedHat/CentOS but not only);
• Cloud computing knowledge (not just buzzwords, we use: Docker, Ansible, Terraform, AWS);
• Virtualization solutions and alternatives (what we use: Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, ECS);
• Continuous Integration (we have 3 different environments before pushing to production);
• Blue-green deployment pattern (one button and we're moving code to production without downtime);
• Monitoring the application and infrastructure for the best performance (we use JMeter, AppDynamics, NewRelic, Zabbix, and play with a bunch of others);
• Knowledge about Security concepts;
• Open Source contributor (we use tools built by the community and want to contribute also);
• Own and drive development, testing and delivery of best quality features in a cross functional environment; understand business needs and push great software to production
• Design core, backend and frontend software components that can scale as our product does;
• Responsible for resolving any production issues when they arise;
• Conduct design and code reviews;
• Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various product components and system resources;
What exactly can you expect if you work at Kepler?
• We have been collaborating with Romanian and foreign companies for over 20 years, which brings a certain polyvalence.
• We provide you with a “Career Path Officer” who’s primary objective is to create a high comfort level for programmers, business analysts, project managers (in one word, our Kepler Specialist) in the projects they are involved in, but his role has many other facades.
• Another element which is a common day reality for a Kepler Specialist is the flexibility. This goes beyond the classical work schedule flexibility and refers to the possibility of changing both projects and technologies.
• Career development is not a wish. It’s a reality.