Consultant – Governance, Risk & Reporting
We assist financial services clients in understanding and implementing complex risk and regulatory issues arising from adoption of new rules and regulations or from various types of transactions, as well as in improving their risk management, corporate governance and internal control frameworks.As part of our team, you will be involved in a diversified range of advisory projects, including, but not limited to, gap analysis vs. new standards, regulations and guidelines issued by local and European authorities, development of implementation roadmaps, as well as assistance during implementation e.g. development of internal models, policies and procedures, definition of functional specification for IT system development etc.
Your role will involve:
- Liaising with current and potential clients at a technical level on matters related to risk and regulations.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in advising clients on how to maximise benefits while reducing risks.
- Taking on assigned roles in risk and regulatory advisory projects according to your position.
- Analysing and reviewing data, reports and documentation.
- Assisting the team in preparing models, reports and presentations for clients.
- Understanding key client issues in order to identify the right solutions.
- Supporting business development and new services we can offer to clients.
- 2- 3 years of experience in a banking or consulting environment, dealing with risk and regulatory matters
- Knowledge of financial risk management principles and techniques.
- Understanding of regulatory context, including Basel III framework.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Ability to communicate accurately and efficiently in English – advanced level.
- Strong critical thinking skills, creativity, and the ability to apply theoretical concepts to solve business problems.
- Desire to master industry topics such as regulatory guidance relevant to advisory projects through self-study and to work with others in a project environment.
What we offer
- Exposure to the business and financial community
- An accelerated learning curve through learning on projects and targeted training courses.
- Growth mindset environment where you are supported in building skills and knowledge and applying your creativity in the areas that you are passionate about.
- Continuous feedback from the people you work with, professional coaching and mentoring with any of the leaders in the firm.
- Friendly work environment enabling effective and fun teamwork.