Manager - Accounts Payable
Ensure effective systems and processes are in place to process payments of invoices within the agreed terms and conditions across the team.
Lead the review, documentation and implementation of best practice and process consistency both within the systems and in connected processes
Provide ongoing workshops and training for staff across the business to ensure compliance with AP processes
To act as an escalation point in answering questions from both internal and external stakeholders and dealing with issues from vendors
Establish KPIs for the AP team to drive continuous improvement
Management of processes to ensure invoices/vouchers are posted to correct period, accounts, and project as well as ensure there aren't any discrepancies
Coordinate and prepare the monthly accounts payable closing to meet target deadlines
Management of the team by optimising structures, delegating and allocating workload to ensure team objectives are met. Including hiring, training, performance management and continued engagement.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Finance.
- 4+ years relevant experience in an accounts payable department, preferably gained within an international organization.
- Previous management experience
- Experience working with global accounting systems.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including people development/coaching, objective setting and measurement skills.
- Demonstrates competence in key areas of management and leadership expertise including; relationship management, communication, staff direction and motivation, financial planning and control, quality management, risk management, and the achievement of targets.
Accountability – Proven results while managing changing priorities as well as maintaining direction and focus through proactive planning and organized approaches to work in order to meet deadlines and manage time effectively. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and be conscientious, reliable, and punctual.
Client Focus - Demonstrates a strong customer orientation, builds partnerships, and work well across functions in order to service internal and external clients in a timely fashion.
Communication Skills – Adjusting accordingly to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences while maintaining highest level of abilities in all aspects of communication, written, oral, listening and expressing ideas.
Critical Thinking - Understands business strategy and processes while able to applying to local objectives.
Leadership Skills - Ability to model behavior and attributes expected by others.
Team Work - Ability to work effectively independently and harmoniously within a team while communicating a “can do” attitude and positive outlook. Willing to pitch in and do more than is required.