System Engineering Expert
ALTEN Romania, a subsidiary of ALTEN Group – with a unique position as a European Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, was established in 2006 in Bucharest, with the aim to provide technical consulting for the customers of this specific market. Since its inception, the company grew and now has offices in Bucharest, Timisoara, Sibiu and Cluj-Napoca.
Through its team of over 300 specialists in software development, business analysis, business intelligence, PMO, Project Management, testing, technical support, automotive and aerospace engineering, ALTEN Romania is providing specialized services, both on the local and international markets in business sectors such as: aerospace, automotive, finances, pharmaceutics and telecom.
ALTEN Romania has a technical team of consultants and experts in engineering specialized in CATIA V5, NewPDM, SolidWorks, Matlab/Simulink, HIL, Autosar and others, while the IT Division has precise specializations like: Java, .NET, PHP, C#, C++, SIEBEL, Informatica PowerCenter, Cognos, MS BI and Oracle BI, BSCS and more.
• Experience in IT infrastructure management;
• IT systems and office technology (hardware and software);
• Proven experience with and in-depth knowledge of VMware vSphere 5.5 + (vCenter and ESXi);
• Proven experience with and in-depth knowledge of all type of UNIX or Linux operating systems (RHEL, Centos, Suse, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris);
• Hardware Architecture;
• Experience with programming in procedural languages and shell scripting;
• ITIL knowledge;
• In-depth knowledge of cyber security;
• Very good knowledge of the principles SOX;
• English (written and spoken) – fluent.
• Participate in all stages of IT projects by helping to implement new software solutions through:
oDefinition of technical requirements;
oEvaluation of various IT solutions;
oDevelopment of code/scripts;
oImplementation of IT applications/ platforms in accordance with the competencies of the role;
• Provides expert level guidance, performs work for complex configuration requirements and manages operating systems bug related problems;
• Develop scripts/programs to extend the IT solutions` functionality or automate recurring and complex activities;
• Defines technical requirements, designs, configures and implements solutions that are part of operating systems;
• Define and develop the disaster recovery software solution. Elaboration of disaster scenarios and periodic testing of existing solutions;
• Ensure the optimization of existing solutions by redefining system architecture or by software upgrades to increase efficiency or meet new business requirements;
• Ensure active support for transformation programs and other technology refresh programs that are designed to ensure/increase service availability and reduce downtime and increases the quality/performance of these services;
• Installing operating systems (VMware or UNIX/Linux products) and configuring it to ensure and monitor system security and performance;
• Carries out technical investigations in the case of performance incidents and analyses the problems encountered in order to determine the causes and provides/proposes solutions for troubleshooting.