Junior Technical Writer
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, capital markets and treasury.
Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. With our scale and geographical reach we drive valued solutions and opportunity for customers regardless of size or geography. Through our open, secure, and reliable solutions, we empower customers to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet their changing needs.
- 0-2 years of technical writing or equivalent experience writing customer-facing software documentation
- Background (education or work experience) in programming, technical support and/or engineering
- Knowledge of authoring tools and style guides is a plus, but is not required
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills (C1 level minimum)
- Strong editing skills
- Good time management and ability to follow deadlines
- Ability to describe a process, system and/or product in an organized professional document
- Enthusiastic about technology and quick to learn new tools and processes
What will you contribute?
We have a position available for a Junior Technical Writer who wants to join our fantastic team in Bucharest.
If you know English at a near-native level, you are interested in technology and you love writing and editing, this could be a great opportunity to join a growing team in one of the leading financial technology companies.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- You will need to learn the “how” of the software and the “why” of the financial needs it addresses. You will spend your time learning the financial concepts, doing individual research, interviewing subject matter experts and using the software yourself.
- You will work with developers, testers, business analysts and product managers to write and maintain system administration guides, developer guides and release notes.
- Where needed, you will proactively research product changes.
- You will create video tutorials.
- You will learn to use our authoring tools (RoboHelp, FrameMaker, Captivate) and our internal tools and processes.