Support Developer - Linux
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
Ubisoft's IT department is currently looking for a Support Developer to join the Central Operations team in charge of most of the online ecosystem.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the development teams, Partners, Network Services and other IT services in order to support and automate our operations, identify and implement remediation actions and develop tools that will help our games to stay up and running for the players.
• College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
• 1+ years of experience in systems administration in a 100+ server’s environment;
• 1+ years of experience in scripting (Ruby, Python, Bash, Perl).
• Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration tools;
• Proficient in scripting languages such as Bash/Python/Ruby etc.;
• Good knowledge of Linux Server (centos/red hat) is important;
• Experience with Docker and AWS (or any other cloud environment);
• Knowledge of Zabbix monitoring tool, Chef, MongoDB, Elastic Stack (Kibana), web server (Nginx), SQL and NoSQL (MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch) and Windows Server;
• Proficient with software development tools/progress tracking and collaboration suites, GIT, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.;
• Platform performance testing;
• Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders;
• Fluency in English both written and oral.
• Developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations;
• Focused on business outcomes;
• Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
• Proven ability to function effectively in a fast-paced international environment;
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times;
• Be a team player;
• Have good interpersonal communication skills;
• Ensure a good understanding of our games and services infrastructure;
• Propose ideas of improvement of the current applications, procedures and technologies used;
• Ability to develop processes to ensure a scalable architecture;
• Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
• Improve continuous integration and delivery systems;
• Integrate all development tools for validation workflow including build, check-in, code review, code coverage, defect tracking system;
• Test developed solutions;
• Create and maintain detailed technical documentation for all developments;
• Responsible for the daily operations of the systems and in-house applications under your responsibility;
• Work together with other IT Teams and Services Managers to constantly improve and automate the operations of our games and services;
• Act as the person of contact for any development related matters for tools developer teams.
Benefits that you can enjoy
We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of training and development programs you can attend.
We appreciate those who give their best, so we have a bonus system based on performance.
Since we value health, you will have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Design or Management and also games and consoles that can be borrowed at any time.
According to your seniority, you will benefit from extra vacation days, health and life insurance, private pension and international mobility.
If you are into sports, we’ve got a great gym right into our studio and you can also borrow an Ubisoft bike during lunch time or in the weekends.
And, most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.