Senior Mechanical Engineer PDC Camera for I ID - TSR
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46,000 people worldwide and generated sales of €9.3 billion in 2017.
As a Senior Mechanical Designer for Interior Camera PDC your main responsibilities will include:
* Managing quotations projects and series production projects including supplier and customer communication
* Acting as a technical coordinator and be an active member of the global team
* Performing the assigned tasks at the requested level of quality and time-frame, being able to handle customer's feedback and proactively contribute to improve the quality of deliverables.
* Modeling in 3D and creating drawings by using CATIA V5 or Creo 2
* Performing tolerance calculations in order to validate the design
* Utilize Design for Six Sigma and other structured processes to ensure robust product performance and predictable project execution.
* Interacts closely with hardware, testing and manufacturing functions to develop optimized solutions to design problems
* Creation of product related documentation
* Take part in FMEA reviews
* Support manufacturing planning with product introduction to production
* Take part and play an active role in brainstorming meetings, project reviews and project meetings in order to exchange information and improve design A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
* More than 3 working experience in relevant mechanics field (Automotive would be a plus)
* Ability to share knowledge and act as a technical coordinator
* Good technical skills and ability in technical drawings reading
* Good knowledge of die-cast , injection molding, deep-drawing, punching and machining technologies
* Experience in using CAD tools (CATIA V5 - preferable , Creo 2 etc.)
* Solution-oriented and analytical approach
* High Attention to details
* Good English knowledge (German is an advantage)
* Good communication skills
* Good MS Office knowledge and skills
* FMEA knowledge
* Well organized person, rigorous
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.