Senior Technical Support Engineer - Oracle Cloud and On-Premise (Linux /Virtualization)
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
Required and desired skills include:
- 3+ years of relevant industry work experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Linux, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu and/or other Linux platforms
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux OS internals, particularly networking
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Linux servers in production settings.
- Experience diagnosing network configuration issues and network performance.
- Sound experience in network packet analysis and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience with IPSec, SWAN, DHCP, NAT, IPv6, Firewall technologies (iptables)
- Knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. BGP, RIPv2, OSPF)
- Excellent system-level debugging skills
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud (Public or Private) Infrastructures.
- Customer focused with a pro-active and responsive approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good customer interaction skills
- Experience in Azure or AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration is a plus
- Experience working on remote management systems like ILOM, IMM, DRAC etc. is a plus
- Experience working in Linux containers (Docker, LXC) and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience working on OpenStack technologies is a plus
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure combines the elasticity and utility of public cloud with the granular control, security, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure to deliver high-performance, high availability and cost-effective infrastructure services.
This job is about supporting Oracle Linux and Oracle VM mainly on Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI/OCI-C) covering also IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VPNaaS, Engineered Systems, Cloud at Customer and on-premise systems.
This position is for remote customer support of Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and VPNaaS products on Oracle Cloud and on-premise. The team’s primary responsibility is to diagnose, debug and resolve customer reported issues on Oracle Linux and Oracle VM family of products, working in partnership with Cloud Operations team, customers, other support teams and developers. The team members continually exercise and grow diverse skills, as they deliver the highest quality support possible to customers.
The role requires working in rotational shifts (night and day, early and late), including on weekends and public holidays (weekend/holiday shift premium allowance may be offered) with shifted week/weekend schemes.
Work location is Bucharest, Romania.