ME Coordinator Technician for I ID - TSR
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46,000 people worldwide and generated sales of €9.3 billion in 2017.
Sample Production role is to build prototype samples during the development phase of the projects (Instrument Cluster, Digital Cluster, Central Display, Head Up Display) until mass production starts. As a Sample Production Coordinator Technicians you are responsible for :
* Coordination of a small team of mechanical technician's activities to ensure the deliveries of prototype in a required time, according to RD requests.
* Planning of activities/ tasks
* Responsible for making estimations and planning in order to meet due dates
* Assign tasks to team members.
* Make price offers for requested tasks.
* Quality and process implementation
* Offer support for implementing working procedures
* Ensure quality and in time delivery of results
* Check and control quality standards for project
* Communication with sample production Project Manager, Team Leader, team members
* Handling collaboration with external suppliers
* Coaching and mentoring
* Perform training at request
* Coaching and mentoring new colleagues
* Technical coaching of team members
* Technical tasks
* Responsible for the assembly of various prototypes for the ongoing projects with the high level of quality
* Handling prototypes for current projects
* Define requirements for external suppliers
* Create and implement Work Instructions in project
* Preparation of delivery documents for the units. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Technical high school or college;
* Mechanical knowledge;
* Practical experience using mechanicals hand tools;
* Initiative, communication and ability to lead the team;
* CAD/CAM knowledge (advantage);
* Able to read a technical drawing;
* Quality processes (advantage);
* Microsoft Office;
* English medium level;
* German (advantage);
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.