Web Software Engineer
In this role, you will work closely with our business and technical analyst teams as well with other members of our organisation to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of high quality technical solutions for our customers. As the customer is central to what we do the work you will deliver will be aligned to the company’s wider IT strategies and comply with the architectural standards.
In summary, you will have complete involvement in the software development life cycle, by owning the responsibility of designing, coding and testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting software applications that are delivered by our business. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the long term product strategy by making continuous improvement recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing one.
Additional activities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
You will support the LSEG Web Platform Development, meaning working on the front-end interface (Mobile and WEB), back end interface development based on API, using the main tools for unit testing and continuous integration.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Support in the architectural definition and the business in the technical requirement definition.
• Work with internal customers and 3rd party vendors to match the business timeline.
• Support the maintenance of the different web based platforms.
• Third level of support in case of problem.
• AWS development.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of the development of complex web platforms.
• Knowledge of Software Engineering and Architectural principles.
• Experience with at least 2 of the following: Java , PHP, Angular, AngularJS, NodeJS.
• Previous experience with AGILE/SCRUM is desirable.
• Very good knowledge of main technology web framework (Drupal or Liferay).
• Knowledge of Terraform and Ansible.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how the technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career. We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal.
We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
• 25 days’ holiday a year
• Private medical insurance
• Group life insurance policy
• Meal vouchers