Network Project Engineer
The Network Projects Engineer forms a critical part of the Global Network Team within Technology Services.
The main focus of this role is delivery of Network Projects, enhancements and support of the LSE global WAN and LAN environments; however the role will also have some level of involvement with supporting Network Operations.
Role Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Manage the delivery of technical solutions for recurring technical issues, ensuring that long term fixes are implemented to prevent any repeated failures
• Provide escalated support and troubleshooting as required to maintain availability of network
• Ensure work projects are accurately reported and delivered within the project budget and deadlines, focusing on continuous improvement
• Ensure project estimates are fully scoped, underpinned by assumptions and derived from thorough analysis
• Provide high quality documentation and Network diagrams to the Network Operations team
• Responsible of the project handover to the Network Operations team , and on-site support after project go-live
• Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
• Lead teams of other network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have proven experience or an appetite for the following:
• Working closely with business management to determine business process, productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support the company’s overarching goals
• Analysing technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations
• Working with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters
• Developing design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices
Required technical skillset:
• Knowledge of routing and switching, including LAN, WAN, MAN and WLAN technologies
• Experience deploying BGP, OSPF, PIM, MPLS, VPLS, IPVPN environments
• Knowledge of low latency switching technologies
• Knowledge InfiniBand switching
• Knowledge of firewall technologies
• Knowledge of Fibre technologies
• CCIE or JNCIE preferred
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
• 25 days’ holiday a year
• Private medical insurance
• Group life insurance policy
• Meal vouchers
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.