SQL Programmer - Solutions Architecture Team
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs SQL Programmer - Solutions Architecture Team active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
SQL Programmer - Solutions Architecture Team
UnaVista is the London Stock Exchange's matching, reconciliation and data integration service, our customers being tier 1 investment banks, hedge funds, brokers and other financial institutions.
The UnaVista team is run along similar lines to a software company: our culture is dynamic, and requires each individual to adapt rapidly to change, contribute fully and think on their feet. This role involves on-going interaction with all other areas (sales, pre-sales, professional services, development and QA, customer support, technical writing, marketing), as well as with customers.
Due to continued organic growth, we are looking for a new member for the Product Solutions team. The Product Solutions team are responsible for building business solutions by configuring the basic platform, in accordance with requirements gathered by product management.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
• Co-leadership of a small team of Product Solutions Architects with full accountability for product solution delivery
• Continue to act as a Product Solutions Architect, fulfilling all of the requisite responsibilities of the role:
• Ensure existing and new solutions are optimized and scalable to ensure on-going support requirements are minimised;
• Be or become highly knowledgeable in the relevant business domains;
• Work with product management and customers to ensure that business solutions are correctly designed and built;
• Work with pre-sales to ensure that demo versions of the solutions are delivered;
• Provide internal training both for others in the UnaVista team, and for other groups in the Exchange;
• Work with development, professional services, QA and support teams to ensure that business solutions are delivered to plan and customers are satisfied;
• Ensure that all work is in accordance with the defined application development lifecycle process; and
• Document system features and behaviour.
Key behaviours and skills:
• Ideally someone with a development/DBA background;
• Broad technical background;
• Customer-facing experience;
• Educated to degree level, engineering/science degree preferred;
• Very strong knowledge of SQL is essential (including detailed knowledge of SQL Server optimization);
• Knowledge of various network transports, with hands-on experience with file transfer (SFTP), general networking, and ideally
• knowledge of SWIFT and FIX;
• Background or exposure to middle/back office financial processes, such as: regulatory reporting, post-trade processes for multiple asset classes, reconciliations, general familiarity with middle- and back-office processes at investment banks, buy-side firms, and prime brokers/custodians, financial messaging – some knowledge of/exposure to SWIFT/ FIX/ FpML, with preference to those with experience in mapping & business analysis of these flows.
• Understanding of project management, application development lifecycle and related methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc.);
• Familiarity with tools relevant to the above – e.g. hands on use of systems for requirements gathering and bug tracking, documentation tools, CRM systems, etc.
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to accurately document technical work
• We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal.
We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
• 25 days’ holiday a year
• Private medical insurance
• Group life insurance policy
• Meal vouchers
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.