Software data engineer for railway systems
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 65,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
Requested technical competence:
• Engineer in one of the following specialties electronics, electro technical studies, information technology
• Knowledge of railway operation and signalling principles
• Knowledge in interpretation of customer basic drawing (PT1)
• Good English knowledge
• Ability to work in (international) teams and to travel abroad from time to time
• PC knowledge (MS Office, CAD-Program)
• Knowledge related to configuration management
• An independent and responsible working attitude is required, e.g. manage and plan own work day and the ability to seek solutions independently
We are currently looking for a Software data engineer for railway systems to join the team in Thales Romania. As signalling Engineer you will, together with the team, be responsible for the configuration of site/station specific data for electronic interlocking, train control system and Traffic Management System based in alignment with customer requirements.
Short task description:
• Configuration of site/station specific data for electronic interlocking, train control system and Traffic Management System based on customer requirements
• Participate in verification/peer reviews
• Build the application software images for each system/sub-system
• Produce release notes for each application software delivery
• Produce and manage the baselines
• Participate in Functional test of the application software in the lab
• Analyze and correct data defects
• Liaise with other departments internally and project groups in Signalling Program
• Take part in the continuous improvement of the engineering process, and tools to reduce effort and improve quality
Thales has been involved in Danish projects since 1991 and has established a formal country office in Denmark since January 2015 with the main office located in Søborg. Today, Thales in Denmark employs approx. 120 people and functions as a hub for eight countries in Northern Europe, i.e. Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Ireland.
Locally, Thales provides innovative solutions and advanced technologies within Defence, Ground Transportations and Air Traffic Management.
In 2012, Banedanmark, the Danish rail infrastructure, awarded a consortium composed of Thales and Strukton Rail with a contract to upgrade the signalling system in Jutland, the Western part of Denmark. This latter consists of approx. 1.200 km of the Danish railway network (60%) to the new European ETCS level 2 systems. Since then, Thales in Denmark has been working on the design and building of the system in close cooperation with Strukton Rail and Thales peers in Germany. Internally, the project is called the ‘F-Bane project’ and is set to transfer to the maintenance phase by 2021.
We are currently looking for a CAE Signalling Engineer to join the CAE team in Thales Romania. The role is full-time and permanent. As signalling Engineer in the CAE team you will, together with the team, be responsible for the configuration of site/station specific data for electronic interlocking, train control system and Traffic Management System based in alignment with customer requirements.
Challenging projects, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.